Forced Sharing of Dish Non-Commercial**Help-ADVICE PLS

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forced Sharing of Dish Non-Commercial**Help-ADVICE PLS

Bug725
Extra

* This is a lengthy post, due to situation being explained.
Dish installed successfully on 01.12, not 9th. Chat agent: No Contract means Flex pkg & Pay for all equipment ($325). Mr. S. was very hesitant doing anything & demanded manager be present on 9th!?! Mr. G installed the Dish that Fri.12th. He asked about rules.

1st red flag on Mr. G.. "oh no there's No Commercials w/ our VoD"! Before leaving , your Loc. gives you ok signal. Now if you start get errors, or trees grow out call me. I will cover up an eye & that will fix problem, but you will lose all HD Channels.

The signal is 52. I read green is fine (no consensus).

New neighbors move in 6d ago & 3d later want Dish. Mr. S knocks. Neighbors upstairs signing up, can I attach them to your Dish? I say absolutely not, It cost allot. Possibly if they or Dish reimburse. (Wk b4 Mr. S.: due to high cost, get internet & stream everything!) He says it has 3 ports for sharing. Tech said signal, etc., no & don't touch the Dish!

So 30mins later the Mgr & maint., I hear there's a dispute about your Dish. Yes & I explained. We were told prior to install we pay for it, it was ours & were free to do what we wish w/. Mr. S. told mgr different. Any proof? No, I have Mr.G card. I'll call him. He said no prob to hook them up. He stated that Dish is for the whole apt building to use. Uh (8 apts=8 L.R.'s w/ B.R.'s=20 rooms Only we had dish). She says I don't understand tech specs, I do understand your points. I call Mr. G. ask about the signal.

Oh absolutely no problem at all & "that in fact having extra receivers will boost your signal" (IMH WTF) Mgr says well? He said no issue. I'm not happy, it's what it is. She tells Maint. go tell neighbors ok & also tell the eye,signal, etc. Before leaving she insisted multi times "keep card & call Mr. G. if there are any problems". I wouldn't call corporate/800, call him.

I lookup my doc., then forums. I found article kinda similar. Also the install paper I signed on his phone said he "attached to an existing pole"!? Uh what? Lie! I see light outside in dark! Low & behold the neighbors made Mr. S. come back out! We said OMG really.
I pull diagnostic up. Just as I thought the signal went down. It was 52, now it's 21-23, some 16 & turning yellow. I imagine in the spring. TV is the only thing mom enjoys since she's disabled,etc.

I feel I am right, if situation was, they would do same. IDK y techs would sacrifice our service & end up w/ 2+ probs? Need legit advice/facts that can be proven. PLEASE HELP Still mad over all this. I think some B.S. was told. & suspect taking advantage of a senior. Been here 10+yrs never a complaint. Sorry about length, rants & prob grammar.

**TLDR**
I'm being told after the fact my dish is a community Dish. It doesn't matter if I had it first, paid for it, & even if there's signal issues.

1. Can I be forced to share my dish?
2. Does attachment to my Dish & suffering from signal quality give me extra right to "my dish".
3. Can I file complaint with dish over 2 incompetent contractors? Prefer holding them responsible &or getting them removed/barred from future dish installs?
4. Comments or suggestions about other things said welcomed.
PS: I did take pictures of the site before pole install & after mod. I also have pics of signal before/after molested Dish.

Tags (1)
6 Replies

Re: Forced Sharing of Dish Non-Commercial *uber multi-post w

peggyrh
Associate Producer
This can't be resolved here in an open forum, you need to contact someone at Dish directly since it's specific to your account.

Bug725
Extra
Seriously No Advice here? I did see a similar post about "
theft", but did not think it applied as I have a dispute.

Re: Forced Sharing of Dish Non-Commercial**Help-ADVICE PLS

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Look for the other posts for one for the spokelistener. You can also find it at the mydish.com page. Submit your feedback, and they will get you squared away.

stile99
Cinematographer
Bug725 wrote:

You were given advice that will absolutely work. The only thing I would add to what Peggy said is the people on this forum whose names are in orange are the ones you wish to contact.

Bug725
Extra
Chadt4141 wrote:
Look for the other posts for one for the spokelistener. You can also find it at the mydish.com page. Submit your feedback, and they will get you squared away.

I am not really liking this simplified forum period, worse than a ancient BBS. I was going to PM you. I was not able to find his name using the find a member within the PM dash. I appreciate the help.

stile99 wrote:
Bug725 wrote:

You were given advice that will absolutely work. The only thing I would add to what Peggy said is the people on this forum whose names are in orange are the ones you wish to contact.

I will try another browser. I am not seeing any green, even after resetting my colors to default. I prefer a darker background, without using extensions. That was half the reason I ignored the canned response. Would help if it had another notation. Um yeah 2 different browsers (FF & Chrome) and her name doesn't show orange in either.

stxisbest
Costume Designer
https://forum.dish.com/memberlist.php?mode=group

click on any green name and down to the right it will show you their hours or if you scroll down to the bottom of any forum page it will show who is online. see a green click on it. could also go to the face book page and try there. same mods for here.