Dropped a channel?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped a channel?

notyourfan
Extra
Was looking for Pop to watch Impact wrestling. Supposed to be on channel 117. 117 is now Bravo. Bravo is supposed to be 129. It still is. So I lose Pop just to get two Bravos? I don't even want one Bravo. Why would you drop a channel to give us two identical channels. Hate to tell you, but Dish carrying Pop is one of the main reasons I chose it. I am soon moving and a provider near my new place also carries Pop. I can easily switch. What is going on? Are you bringing it back?
Tags (2)
2 Replies

Re: Dropped a channel?

ryancwill
Camera Crew
POP is gone for now because it's owned by CBS and part of the fee dispute between CBS and Dish in some markets. CBS has pulled the feed for some national feeds broadcast on Dish in addition to several local CBS feeds. I think CBSsports network and Smithsonian channel are the other national feeds but there may be more.

Dish has moved Bravo programming over to channel 117 while feed is pulled and negotiations continue. I have the flex pack and Bravo is not part of my normal programming, so I am getting something extra to compensate for loss of POP. Customers with Bravo already in their package are just getting it broadcast 2 places.

I agree with you that I'm more happy with zero Bravo channels and am also missing the POP programming. But Bravo on 117 is Dish attempting to give something to at least part of their customer base to compensate for loss of programming

Re: Dropped a channel?

DISH Employee
Effective Thursday, 11/23/17, we are pleased to announce that we have reached an agreement with CBS Corporation O&O and all channels owned by them have been restored.