Downgrading my service

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgrading my service

Extra
We finally hit the 2 year mark and we're downgrading, perhaps to nothing depending on how DISH responds.

My wife and I hardly ever watch TV anymore, several hours per month at most, so we would have liked to simply retain our local channels, but that option isn't available on the "Change Programming" page. The $19.99 Welcome package is also not an available option on the "Change Programming" page. And finally, there's no option to completely remove any and all TV packages on the "Change Programming" page.

In short, we're DONE with the TV programming as a result of this frustration. We want it gone! We want it gone now! We don't want to talk with a sales rep. who will attempt to change our minds - that will never happen. And we are now looking for another service provider.

How do I cancel the TV portion of our DISH service?

Note to Chadt4141: Please don't respond to this thread. Nothing personal. I just don't find your responses helpful.

Thank you.
6 Replies

Re: Downgrading my service

stile99
Cinematographer
It looks like you've read the forums, so you know the answer is going to be PM a green person or contact them via Facebook/Twitter.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
To answer your question, to cancel the TV service you do need to call in and speak with the loyalty department. They are the ones that cancel service.

If you wanted, you can PM a mod here, and they can get you on the Welcome Package.

hddn
Visual Engineer
Chad - congratulations on sticking to the high road and just answering the questions. (Not to suggest that you don't normally, but I would have been tempted by that one. :))

Chadt41411
Casting Director
hddn wrote:
Chad - congratulations on sticking to the high road and just answering the questions. (Not to suggest that you don't normally, but I would have been tempted by that one. :))

Temptation is a beast. I usually can fall into it as well. Lol. Thank you.

Extra
Yes you certainly would, hddn.

The problem is that I had already contacted DISH customer support, and I was promised that information on my options would be emailed to me; apparently his computer wasn't providing him with that necessary information. :roll: That never happened. But I did receive a survey asking how that DISH CS interaction went. :lol: I filled it out, and asked to be contacted by a DISH customer service rep. again - an option provided in the survey. Of course, I never was contact, which is why I came here.

Why do companies hide behind gimmicky nonsense like the "spokeslistener" when their customer service is utter crap? No, they are not listening and never have. Sorry but all the hand waving and bearded men in the world can't change the painful reality that DISH customer service is exceptionally horrible. :evil:

hddn
Visual Engineer
Would what? Be tempted? Well, yes, but that was the point right? :)

I'm not sure why this is hard, but I googled up this when I looked for Dish network cancellation.

www.mydish.com/support/cancel-my-service

I've never (yet) run into any issues with Dish customer support. Admittedly I haven't needed them much either but that's how I like it. Last time I used them was to have my dish remounted after re-roofing the house. The roofling schedule kept slipping so I had to change the Dish appointment 3 times but when the roofer was done, they showed up right on schedule (on a weekend) so nothing to complain about there.

I think you've made the right choice. For someone you watches several hours per month at most, the best Pay TV plan is probably no Pay TV plan. Free is a very good price.