Dishanywhere removed

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dishanywhere removed

ScottP
Extra

I have had a Dish account for a long time. I had Dish Anywhere access to live shows for a long time whenever I traveled. I have a 722 device. Now the Dish Anywhere access has been taken away and to get it back I need to upgrade to a Hopper. So Dish Anywhere was a part of the service I have been paying for. Now to get it I must upgrade. There are many other options I have for such a service. My son in law works for Charter, thats just one of many. Dish what is your response to your loyal longtime customer?

9 Replies

Re: Dishanywhere removed

ScottP
Extra

Send my an email or call me.

Highlighted

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
SlingTV adapters are no longer supported. Just like other companies, when technology is no longer supported, you would upgrade or change to be current again. The 722 is obsolete.

DISH Employee

Hi, ScottP. We definitely appreciate your loyalty and we understand that this change is frustrating. As of recent, Sling adapters for 722 receivers will no longer work. DISH Anywhere is an great perk at no additional cost to your bill. We would love to speak with you more; however, we are unable to dial out as we are a digital team. Feel free to send us a private message with your phone number and 4-digit pin. Here is a link with steps on how to send a private message: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

Rdenfam4
Character Actor

A few days ago i could watch my favorite shows using my iPad and the dish anywhere app. Tonight i logged on to find that most of the content is now locked and I need an upgrade my account...is this true? Did I missed the notification that this was going to happen?

DISH Employee

Good evening, Rdenfam4. We'd be happy to take a closer look into this with you. Which model receiver do you have?

peggyrh
Casting Director

Guess you haven't been using it much, they made a notification about it being discontinued last summer, I found a mention of it on Google in late June.  

The Sling adapter is very out of date (released in 2010) and changes in streaming have made it obsolete (along with the receivers that used it).

Rdenfam4
Character Actor

I use the dishanywhere regularly. I've never had a sling / sling adapter. only the dish tuner V222K. I was simply able to go to the app on my iPad and watch my show episodes once released to the app. As of last week all that content is now locked.

DISH Employee

Hello, Rdenfam4. This definitely does not sound like a normal occurrence. You should still be able to enjoy the On Demand content that becomes available on the website. We would be happy to take a look at your account to see what could be causing this issue. If you would like, please feel free to send us a Private Message so we can review this together. https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

Rdenfam4
Character Actor
JasmineD rocks! Problem resolved / fixed!