Dish Install Appointment slipped 5 hrs - then rescheduled

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dish Install Appointment slipped 5 hrs - then rescheduled

bhill66
Extra
I had an install scheduled for 12PM - 5PM on 11/28. I received a text and email on11/27 at 5 PM confirming that the appointment is tomorrow between 12 and 5. So I take the afternoon off of work to be home the afternoon for the install. Finally around noon I receive a text stating the technician should be there from 2PM to 315PM. In the meantime, I was monitoring MyDish app for the update and also mydish.com. The app never updated to the install window but the webpage (mydish.com) did show the window. As it got closer to 2PM, still no updates on app and no technician or text. I checked back on mydish.com and it had slipped the appointment out to 3 to 415. Still no update via text or app. As 3PM approached, still no tech. Checked back on mydish.com now it has slipped another hour 4 to 515. Still not update via text, app, or phone call. This happened again 5 to 615. It gets dark at 530 in the east and I was thinking - how can the tech show up at 5 or later and still be able to survey my property for a clear line of site. Finally at about 445 I called dish to find out if the installer was really coming. While I was on the phone the appointment updated to 7 to 815 PM. Really!! Still no contact from anyone at Dish. I had to initiate a call and the CS had to call dispatch and find out what was going on. They basically had nothing more that he will be there and should make the 12 to 5 window. HOW? It is 445PM and the appointment says 7 to 815 PM??? What am I missing here? I somehow got disconnect from the first CS rep and called back and talked to Amanda. I had to go through the whole thing again. She put me on hold and got in touch with Dispatch again and I guess they finally cried uncle and said that they are just not going to make it; and they needed to reschedule. So now I got put off until 11/30 but I insisted on the morning slot. Now I have to take off another half a day of work and who knows if they will show. They claim all this - you will know who your technician is and keep you up to date on where they are and the my dish app. The app never updated with the supposed install window and I never received another text message of the slippage in install window. If I would not have found mydish.com, I would have been in the dark. The CS rep did not appear to have any access to install window information either. Not sure if this is a Dish issue or if the installer are a contractor. Not a good first impression. Got me really second guessing changing from Direct.
3 Replies

Re: Dish Install Appointment

DISH Employee
I'd be glad to look into this further for you-can you send a private message with your account number or phone number and 4 digit PIN?

Re: Dish Install Appointment slipped 5 hrs - then reschedule

timmymao
Extra
Sometimes, I feel sorry for the field service techs. My original installation was rescheduled to another day due to some unexplained reason. When the installer arrived, he was 1.5 hours late because that's how long he had to drive from his home base - as the scheduled tech that was only 30 minutes away wasn't available. The installation took almost 3 hours and was fine, but he still had 4 more service calls and it was already 2pm. Sure, it's easy to just sit there and check the app on a phone every hour (or heaven forbid, actually having to log onto mydish.com - such a chore) but realize there is a human at the other end of that line doing their best to satisfy your entertainment needs.

Re: Dish Install Appointment slipped 5 hrs - then reschedule

bhill66
Extra
I do not fault the install tech one bit. I know their job is hard and they are dealt a variety of challenges at each location. I think they overcommit these poor techs. My point is how dish says you will be notified and kept abreast of when your tech will arrive. I never received any notification past the first text of an arrival window.