Denied Hopper3-Joey contracted support, Dish drops 4k & HD

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied Hopper3-Joey contracted support, Dish drops 4k & HD

germh
Extra
Dish is an unreliable bad company - they continually violate their contracts for programming, costs, etc.

1) We upgraded to Hopper 3 & 2 Joey-2 receivers in Feb 2016, which work fine on our 3 TVs; then I bought a 4th new Samsung 4K TV last week and tried to add a 3rd 4K-Joey, but Dish REFUSED to provide it. Their lame excuses had NO technical merit, as the Dish installer said all our Dish equipment was correct AND all signals were Strong; however, ignorant Dish reps "read" that the 3rd satellite's "Spot-Beam" signal is supposedly too weak in our area (despite working without issues >1year, and the Dish tech proved we had a strong signal >70), so Dish will NOT provide us with a 3rd Joey of any type!
Further, we live less than 1/4 mile outside an arbitrary road-boundary where Dish now (but not when installed last year) refuses to provide any Hopper 3 and Joey devices - despite our system working perfectly with strong satellite signals. Idiots at Dish recently restricted Hopper 3 & Joey installations and activations inside subjective road boundaries, and will not grant any flexibility to support existing Hopper 3 - Joey customers who reside on the edge of their boundaries who have working Dish Hopper 3 & Joey systems. Dish's "loyalty" and President's office were NO help, and the Dish installer couldn't persuade them either when he was at our home yesterday to try to install/activate the 3rd Joey. Dish will lose more customers over this new accumulative client betrayal.

2) Prior betrayals by Dish include their unannounced cancellation of our 3-year contract for satellite TV service with "guaranteed" fixed price and programming, which they unilaterally abolished after only 18 months; removing about 50 channels and trying to charge us 50% more per month, refusing to reinstate our original agreement (whereby we incurred penalties if we did not abide to its terms) - we learned about their actions belatedly in our subsequent billing statement.
Our Hopper 3 upgrade also had a binding contract for 24 months, with penalties if we did not abide with its terms, which clearly states we can add up to 6 Joeys to our Hopper 3 (which the original installer confirmed); but Dish now refuses to allow us to augment our working system for an additional TV with another Joey, despite their contract terms and earlier assurances.

3) Another major issue is that Dish recently removed nearly ALL their prior 4K content, before Jan 2017; i.e., during 2016 Dish offered dozens of 4K & true 1080p HD movies on their channel 1/501 listings, plus nearly 100 4K movies and shows at their "On-Demand" site, but now they essentially have NONE!
Furthermore, Dish downgraded video quality for most movies and shows, from former true 1080p HD or a few 4K options to now just 720p HD mostly and/or SD - both on their regular programming and at their On-Demand site; yet they have the "gall" to try to plead ignorance of this serious downgrading of their TV quality, plus they recently increased the price of their poor deteriorating monthly service.

We are therefore sick of dealing repeatedly with Dish's deceit, disregard of customers, and stupid business / marketing fiascos; so we will soon abandon them for other TV providers, despite the fact that Dish has some of the best TV video equipment in the Hopper 3 and 4K-Joeys, etc.
No one at Dish cares about these issues (except our Dish installer, who was equally frustrated with Dish), so they'll suffer serious consequences by losing customers.

Buyer Beware!
11 Replies

Re: Denied Hopper3-Joey contracted support, Dish drops 4k &

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Programming and features are not guaranteed, as covered under the contract and service agreement. It's not in fine print. It's towards the top, bolder, has stars around it, and underlined. That means that they intend for you to see it. Price locks are only on the base package. Anything outside the base can and will vary in price. Technically you can have up to 6 Joeys on an H3. There is nothing requiring to install 6 Joeys after the fact. You may be able to purchase your own and install yourself, or have a retailer install one. You may even be able to upgrade through a retailer. The Hopper3 had just come out in Feb'16. Am I correct in assuming that is when you started service?

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
I have 3 Joey 2.0s connected to my Hopper. Be it using LAN network CAT6 cabling. I activated the 3rd Joey on my own with DISH chat support help is all.

Been working well for me using this configuration since first gen Hopper came to our house. Can try my configuration and see if it works for you.

Good Luck.

stile99
Cinematographer
Will ANY configuration work if Dish refuses to activate an additional Joey? I mean, I could 'connect' a billion of them, but if Dish only activates 6, then only 6 are going to do anything.

JSracer
Audio Engineer
e38BimmerFN wrote:
I have 3 Joey 2.0s connected to my Hopper. Be it using LAN network CAT6 cabling. I activated the 3rd Joey on my own with DISH chat support help is all.

Been working well for me using this configuration since first gen Hopper came to our house. Can try my configuration and see if it works for you.

Good Luck.

Did you purchase the 3rd joey ?
Debating getting a third one, but they said it needs to be installed by them.

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
Yes, from Amazon. Just be sure if you do want to buy your own Joey, make sure it's a 2.0 Joey or the standard or 1st gen Joey will not work on Hopper 3.

Got it new. Got online with DISH support chat after connecting to a TV via LAN cable with my Hopper. Gave support the numbers from the Joey they needed to activated it. Was up and running in 10 or less minutes.
;)

JSracer wrote:
e38BimmerFN wrote:

Good Luck.

Did you purchase the 3rd joey ?
Debating getting a third one, but they said it needs to be installed by them.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
A Joey1.0 will work on an h3 and even download the new software. It is not recommended, however, as its chipset makes it significantly slower.

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
I accidentally ordered the 1.0 Joey last month. Could not get it activated at all and it did not recognize my Hopper 3. Even directly connected to the Hopper 3. :?

So sent it back and got the 2.0 Joey. Was up in 10 minutes. ;)

Anyone having issue with Joey codes 1553 and 1558?

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
No.
Would need more details from you on what your having problems with and what your doing when this happens.
How is your set up configured. What do you have for a Hopper and what version of Joeys you have.

Higherpraise6 wrote:
Anyone having issue with Joey codes 1553 and 1558?