Deceased account holder. How to start disconnect process?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deceased account holder. How to start disconnect process?

Rquill
Extra

Well the account holder has died and we are being forced out of the property.  I figure it wont be possible for me to take the account on and transfer it to my brother's place, with the account holder gone, so I figure I need to tell DISH to start a return box? I have to be out by next week, and would like service up till then if possible of course.

What all do they want? Just the sat box ? Remote(s) ?

2 Replies

Re: Deceased account holder. How to start disconnect process?

Rquill
Extra

After looking, it seems there is a 1 account per household anyway terms?  I'm guessing my brother will need to upgrade to hopper? He has a VIP722K and dad had a VIP722.  I don't want to go over there and watch SD, or start having conflicts.

Re: Deceased account holder. How to start disconnect process?

Hi Rquill.  I am very sorry to hear about your loss and wish you and your family the best.

Regarding the account, we do have a process for these types of situations.  We also do ask for the receiver(s) back so long as they are not obsolete (722k is not).  After the account has been disconnected we send return shipping boxes with prepaid labels so they can be sent to us.

If you plan on moving in with your brother and he already has our service, you are correct that we only allow 1 account per address.  We are always able to review upgrade options if needed.

I'll be sending you a PM with more info on the process.

---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator