Deactivating or Pausing an Account using the myDish Website

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deactivating or Pausing an Account using the myDish Website

For-um
Extra

We have two dish installations, one at home and one at a campsite. We temporarily activate and later deactivate accounts when we are at the other respective site to save money. This is done by phone, after long waits on hold. We were told by several customer reps and service techs that the deactivation/activation steps can be done on the mydish website. I have not been able to find the location on the website to accomplish these steps. Speaking with a customer service rep just now was unsuccessful as he was not able to find the steps on the website either. Yet he was able to deactivate the unused account as has been done before.

Where on the mydish.com website does one go to pause or temporarily deactivate an account? What are the specific steps and information necessary to perform the steps necessary to deactivate/activate an account on the website without speaking with a customer service rep. or support tech?

Lastly, the mydish android app does not load onto our phone's version of android so we cannot use the app.

We cannot upgrade our android system to anything above ver. 4.3.

Thanks

2 Replies

Re: Deactivating or Pausing an Account using the myDish Website

Chadt4141
Associate Producer
Unless it has changed, I don’t believe you can deactivate the account on the website. You should be able to restart an account on there.

Re: Deactivating or Pausing an Account using the myDish Website

DISH Employee

Hi, For-Um! I understand why that would be confusing. You won't be able to Pause or deactivate an account through the mydish.com account. We did add the feature of deactivating/activating a purchased receiver on an account if it is a Dish Outdoors account, as well as send signals for receivers that have not been active on a Dish Outdoors accounts, which essentially wake them up so channels start coming through again on the Guide.