DISH service is the WORST EVER!!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISH service is the WORST EVER!!!

saipanrick60
Character Actor
Brand new first time install of DISH and the Hopper with a mini Joey. Hopper is EXTREMELY slow responding to remote control. I press a button and have to wait 3-10sec for a response and usually have to press buttons twice before I get any response. Then it takes another 5-10sec for info to load before it will respond to next selection. Joey keeps losing connection. Installer told me it takes a while for everything to download to the hopper and joey and to give it time and it will speed up. 1 month later it is slow as ever and still dropping Joey receiver in bedroom. I also applied for DISH due to the Echo Dot offer and was assured that's what I got but never received the Echo Dot, had to go buy one. Installer told me I wasn't getting it so I called in and was assured I was getting it within a few days. Still never came. I told rep I did not want DISH if I wasn't getting the DOT and would go with DirecTV instead, but she assured me I would get it. FLAT OUT LIED TO!!! I also was taking advantage of the Ebates $75 rebate but Ebates told me they didn't get anything showing I took advantage of the offer. Got screwed on the Dot AND the rebate!! Both were used to get me to go with DISH then when I signed up they switched on me and didn't provide the offers given to get me to join DISH. And DISH service is horrible! I will NEVER recommend it to ANYONE, in fact I dish on it whenever I can to family and friends. I can't believe I got suckered into a 2 year contract for service this horrible!! DO NOT EVER RECOMMEND DISH TO ANYONE - IT SUCKS!!
Tags (2)
11 Replies

Re: DISH service is the WORST EVER!!!

DISH Employee
Thank you for reaching out to us with your concerns today. I can definitely understand how frustrating and upsetting this must be. Would you please send me a Private Message with the phone number and 4 digit PIN on your account so I can look into this for you?

saipanrick60
Character Actor
SamanthaF wrote:
Thank you for reaching out to us with your concerns today. I can definitely understand how frustrating and upsetting this must be. Would you please send me a Private Message with the phone number and 4 digit PIN on your account so I can look into this for you?

I sent a PM with my info and got NO response. Typical DISH!!

stile99
Cinematographer
saipanrick60 wrote:
SamanthaF wrote:

I sent a PM with my info and got NO response. Typical DISH!!

When did you send it? Samantha's hours are very clearly listed in her post, and you posted this several hours after her shift ended. She won't see it until Tuesday. Given the timestamp of your two posts here, you're either going to have to learn to be patient or choose another rep. Even then I don't believe there are any active at the time you've been posting, so you're still going to have to accept that PMs are asynchronous and you're going to have a lag time.

peggyrh
Associate Producer
You didn't say which Hopper you got - if you had an older Hopper & Joey installed it's going to be slow because it's several years behind current equipment - if you had a Hopper 3 installed it would not be slow & has more features than the older Hoppers. You may not have qualified for newer equipment or didn't know there was a difference - that's not the same thing as "bad service".

saipanrick60
Character Actor
I was given the Hopper 2000 and wifi Joey. While the installer was here I specifically told him I was switching from Cox due to their dvr being slow and he assured me the Hopper would not be slow, but when he finished it was running super slow like molasses yet he assured me it would get faster once it downloaded everything it required. Never happened! Lied to again!!! I specifically said I DO NOT WANT DISH if I wasn't getting the Echo Dot and it was going to be slow but was told by both the phone rep and the installer I would get the Dot and the Hopper & Joey would speed up. Never happened! Lied to by everyone at DISH to sucker me into taking the horrible service!! Typical bait and switch tactics used by unscrupulous businesses out to screw people over. DISH IS HORRIBLE!!!!!!

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Hopper 2000 is the original Hopper, since then there's been a Hopper w/Sling & now Hopper 3 - you're using out of date equipment, it's like using Windows 7, definitely slow. Not even sure why an installer would do that when newer models are available. Has to be a reason you didn't get at least a Hopper w/Sling.

saipanrick60
Character Actor
He came with a basic dvr and wired box for the bedroom. Had to call sales to get order straightened out to the Hopper with the Echo Dot and wireless Joey, and this is what he installed. As I said, nothing but lies to me from the beginning about what I was getting and I got screwed by DISH using a bait and switch tactic to lock me into a contract and steal my money for lousy service. I just want to throw everything in the trash every time I try to watch TV because it's so horribly slow and continually dropping the Joey. I trash DISH to EVERYONE I talk to because it's such a horrible TV service!! So even after calling sales and getting things "straightened out" I got screwed with (in your words) - "using out of date equipment, it's like using Windows 7, definitely slow." Not a nice way to treat new customers, or even existing customers!!!! It's obviously nothing but a bait and switch scam to rip off people!!!!! I would go back to DirecTV or even Cox if it weren't for your company baiting me into a lousy contract. If I could afford to pay the early termination I would and get DISH removed from my home. Since I can't I'm stuck with HORRIBLE TV SERVICE from a company that's NOTHING BUT LIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chadt41411
Casting Director
It sounds like you may have a pay in advance account, or didn’t qualify for a Hopper 3. Many things can cause that, previous service that was not paid up, poor credit rating, account association with another account(living with someone that had Dish at the same address at the same time you lived there). When I worked there, and this could have changed, there was a 10 day period to dispute the equipment and upgrade, although an upgrade fee may have still applied. Worth a shot.

stile99
Cinematographer
It is also possible he THINKS he signed up for an Echo Dot AND a $75 eBates rebate, but this is doubtful. Looking at eBates' website, the code they tell you to use is different than the code Dish tell you to use, and may or may not be a valid code. Looking at another website, this code has a reported 40% success rate, so I'm guessing OP may indeed have gotten scammed, but it wasn't by Dish. It is even possible with that code used he's not even a Dish customer, but a reseller customer. If this is so, Dish has no obligation whatsoever to fulfill a promise made by someone else. OP keeps going on about bait and switch, but it appears to have been someone else's bait.