DISGUSTED

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISGUSTED

A door-to-door salesman knocked on my door. Im not usually rude but I will from now on because of DISH.

Every month it is something new.
*Upon signing up, I ENSURED to ask the installation person about ESPN. That is the only channel I really watch. Well.... The basic plan doesn't come with ESPN like the installation person said it did. I had to pay an extra $10/month for that.
*Upon getting my first bill, I was notified that I'd be charged an additional fee because I didn't sign up for autopay. Nobody asked or mentioned it to include the salesman. So now its an additional $15/month.
*My bill was due on the 26th. My services were turned off the following day.
*I had my bills due date moved to the 1st to avoid issue and nobody mentioned it would take 2 months to go into effect.
*Every time I call, its a fresh start. Nothing ever carries over from month to month.
*This is literally the worst company and customer service I've ever dealt with.
If you refer someone to this service, they are not your friend.

I HATE DISH
3 Replies

Re: DISGUSTED

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Door to door salesmen are not from Dish - they are usually contracted salespeople & will tell you anything to get you to commit to a contract so they get their commission (from an independent retailer). Not the fault of Dish, you should have done a little research - never trust a door to door salesman (from Dish or Direct). The last one that knocked on my door made all kinds of false claims I knew were not true, when confronted he had no idea about how the Hopper3 actually worked.

Did you get anything in writing?

hddn
Visual Engineer
Yeah I've seen the same with FIOS. The door to door kid said all kinds of nice things but I asked him to leave me some papers - which contradicted most of the great things he told me! Like the free forever DVR was actually free for 6 months, then $20/month.

As for Dish, I'm not even sure what "the basic plan" is. They have quite a few. Definitely worth looking at the line ups before signing up.

Today it was some kid from an exterminator company and apparently ants and spiders have been spotted in my neighborhood! That guy really made bugs sound scary. :D

NYDutch
Audio Engineer
Last year at our upstate NY get away cottage, a young fellow stopped in and started to pitch the virtues of getting Dish instead of cable to me. When I pointed out the Dish dish in our yard, almost without pause he switched to telling my why I should change to DTV. :D