Customer Service

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Service

Jonk1
Extra
What a frustrating day. I had an appointment scheduled for today from 12 - 5. I received a text from the installer at 830 this morning stating he would be here between 12 and 2 and I also received email from the scheduling system that stated my technician would be here between 1 and 2:15. 2:20 rolled around and I had not heard the technician so I logged into MyDish.com to check the status, and I was floored when I saw the appointment got moved to 515 this evening and I wasn't even informed.

I took off a half a day of work to be sure I would be here for the appointment and every communication I had up until that point indicated nothing changed. Now I am out a half a day of vacation time and since I have plans this evening I had to cancel the rescheduled installation time.

I called customer service to reschedule and vented my frustration and during my conversation with them I requested compensation for my troubles in the amount of 1 month service. I was told they couldn't do that so I requested they canceled my service which they were happy to do so. This wasn't the outcome I was hoping for but it is apparent then the team I was dealing with could care less about what missing an appointment meant to me financially.
5 Replies

Re: Customer Service

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Satellite tv is a luxury. They do not compensate you for techs, especially since techs are sent to work on customer owned equipment, such as antennas and cabling. With satellite tv as a luxury, the rule of thumb is that you schedule the time when you can be there, if you choose to take off work, that is your choice. Remember, you're the one that cancelled, but had they shown up at 5, which the disclosure reads that they can show up anytime between 12-5, and typically takes 2-4 hours to complete, what would you have done then? Still cancelled, by your choice? The schedules do change as they are based off codes the techs put in on their previous job. As the day goes on, the codes keep getting input, and has to push the stuff behind it back as well. This is assuming that a tech didn't have to call off as well, which will also make changes to the appointment time change

Jonk1
Extra
So is pretty much everything in our lives except food and shelter Chad. The fact that it's a luxury doesn't excuse a business or a person from common courtesy. I suppose if your flight to a funeral got canceled at the last minute and you were inconvenienced by the loss of that "luxury" you wouldn't be at all upset and you wouldn't reach out to the airline and vent a little. I appreciate your opinion Chad, but unless you represent an official answer from Dish Network you're nothing but a straw man.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Not sure why you put quotations around luxury. It is an actual luxury. It's is listed as a luxury, which is why each cities PUC has no authority over it.
That said, you still didn't answer the question about what you would have done. Remember, you cancelled the appointment, not them. An appointment 12-5 does not mean it will be done at 5. It means they are scheduled to arrive anytime between those hours, and do the work typically about 2-4 hours. Taking vacation time was a choice you made, as you felt TV was more important than being at work at that time. Not a bad thing, I just took a week off to get some wisdoms extracted. I could have been back the next day.

Your analogy is a poor one at best. If I tried to go to the water park on my vacation day, however they were closed, or my favorite attraction was closed for repairs, no I would not be mad at the water park for using my vacation day. Just like, if I schedule a tech for my tv service, I have/would again schedule it for my day off, being as my work is more important than my luxury tv service. All about priorities I guess.

Ntableriou
Character Actor
I am confused. Because it is a luxury item they do not have to provide an appropriate level of customer service? Your logic does not make sense from a business perspective. As a purchaser of an intangible good I do not have the luxury of returning the item if the good I purchased is faulty. You can push legaleeze, but the point stated above is that a verbal agreement was made and the company did not comply with their side of the agreement.

I had the same experience, but my technician did not show up until 7 pm, which was outside of the original 12-5 window. I did not cancel the appointment, but that distinctly violated the terms of their agreement. So therefore they provided a faulty product.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
I would recommend reading the service agreement as to what you are actually agreeing to.