cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Customer Service do not listen

Padafarm
Character Actor

I have been a long time customer. Really not sure how long but at least 15 +. I have had so many issues in that last few months with old equipment. I always get a rep that wants to start from the first thing they have in their manuel. Unplug the receiver. Ugh! Then go through the rest of the steps and then tell me how much money they want. The receiver I have will not let me program a new remote. The remote we have will not work the tv any longer. It does not light up and will work the receiver some of the time. That’s if you stand on your head and rub your elbow. If I don’t laugh I will cry. We have the protection plan. But it doesn’t help because the receiver still works.

The other hopper just forgets the joeys 5 or 6 times a week, then half the time wouldn’t update at night and will shut down during the day to update.

The stand alone unit I have in the rev decided to not work and we had to get a new one. Dish decided I didn’t send the card back with it and charged me 50.00. Not sure what I would need it for since I have hoppers in the house. Then called me and was threatening to cut off my service on Thanksgiving for 27.00.

i have quite a few other things but didn’t want to right a book. Their customer service is the worst really like Dish but they don’t care or listen to their customers at all.

My equipment. 2 hoppers 1 with sling. 4 joeys and think it’s a 211z not sure. About to go dual in RV not sure if it will be with Dish.

10 Replies

Re: Customer Service do not listen

Chadt4141
Production Manager
For the remote issue, is the antenna still on the back of the Hopper, and if so, is it hand tight, and facing as straight up as possible?

With the other Hopper updating, and the Joeys being on that one, it sounds like it may not be shut down at night. Is it possible one of the Joeys isnstill watching or recording?

Padafarm
Character Actor
Yes antenna is tight and upright. Also i have made sure it was off quite a few nights . I also have been up and it has asked me to upgrade and I will let it do it. But it still asked everyday at least to or three times through out the day. Appreciate the help been through this with customer service. Thank you!

DISH Employee

Padafarm, thank you for reaching out to us with your concerns about your equipment. I hate to hear that you are having these issues, but I would love to work on getting this resolved! First, can you confirm the model number on the back of your remote, such as 40.0, 54.0, etc.? It sounds like we should replace this remote for you. Second, what is the Software Version on your Hopper? To find this information, using the front of the receiver, Menu button on the front panel. This should bring up your Diagnostics screen. 

Padafarm
Character Actor
The remote 40.0 the hopper with sling software u709 11/16/2018 5:01 am
Hopper u709 11/15/2018 2:19 am

DISH Employee

Thanks! I also see that you mentioned the receiver was not programming the new remote you have. Can you try the following sequence on the new remote to attempt to program it back to the box: 

Press and hold the SAT mode button until all mode buttons at the top of the remote light up

Press and hold Recall and the number 0 at the same time for 3 seconds, then let go

Press Search once, then let go

Press VOL + once, then let go

Press Stop once, then let go
If successful, you will hear three descending tones after five seconds. 

If you hear those tones, press the System Info button on the front of the box, then press the SAT button on the remote. If successful, you should see the new remote programmed to the TV. Let us know if this helps! 

Padafarm
Character Actor
Didn’t work. Thank u!🙃

DISH Employee

Okay, I also see you mentioned that you have tried to unplug the receiver from the power outlet with no help. Are there any other electronics in front of your receiver that could cause IR interference? 

Padafarm
Character Actor
Here we go again do this and then that and this again. Waiting for you to tell me to unplug and do a hard reset. The hopper in the living room the remote only works on receiver and if you push the buttons a certain way. Will not program a new remote. The other hopper just dis connects the joeys a couple times a day and I have to do a hard reset. Or it wants to updated every couple hours. But since it’s working I have to keep dealing with it. Paying for a service plan on rental equipment and still have to fight to get it replaced. Sorry but dish could care less about my service all they want is my money. I like dish but maybe I need a change.

DISH Employee

Padafarm, we definitely do value you as a customer, and my goal is reach an appropriate resolution, so that we do not continue to have on going issues. To get to this resolution, we do need to verify a few things. I appreciate your patience while we work on reaching a resolution. Can you send me a private message with your phone number and 4-digit pin to check what else we can do for you?