Contract - Early Termination Fee

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract - Early Termination Fee

dishtvisthewort
Camera Crew

I'm a veteran of DirecTV, Comcast and Verizon. Dish TV is the worst. I tried Dish TV because I'm fed up with the cost of TV in general. In fact if it was not for roommate I would be happy with over the air antenna. (60 channels) Anyway the agreement was try it and you can cancel at any time. Well called to cancel because the DVR does not work period. (live sports) and they informed me they would charge early termination fee of 350.00. I did not sign any paperwork during the install. In fact I never would have done this if I had to sign a contract. To keep credit score I will pay it and then take them to small claims court. Anyone have a similar experience?

13 Replies

Re: Contract - Early Termination Fee

Chadt4141
Associate Producer
You or somebody sign the techs tablet, possibly saying the work was completed? You can ask them to send you a copy of the signed contract.

dishtvisthewort
Camera Crew

I specifically tried Dish TV because of no contract. I would have never signed anything and if they did ask for a signature I would have told him to pack the equipment and leave. Good idea however about asking for copy of contract. Will do.

tommyy2
Audio Engineer

Had a Tech out who did nothing to fix my problem (he refused to replace the LNB because the Dish was not on the bottom edge of my roof, not safe he said), another visit was scheduled to address the same issue.  Then I recieved a confirmation email from Dish for the work done on the first call I was shocked to see that something was scribbled (not by me) where my signature was supposed to go.  I'm sure I did not sign anything because I was argueing with him about how he refused to do anything to fix the problem.  So had the Tech signed my name, or had someone else signed it?

I called Dish and reported it but I am not sure if anything was ever done about it.

Couple of days later a different Tech came out replaced my LNB and fixed my intermittant signal loss problem.

DISH Employee

dishtvisthewort and tommyy2, I can get you the number to the department you'll need to contact regarding these issues. Please send me a Private Message with your phone number and 4-digit PIN so I can note the account and get you that number!

tommyy2
Audio Engineer

PhoenixM,

As statred I already reported it to Dish, to The Office of the President, but I have no idea what action if any was done about the Forgery of my name on the first service call.

As far as my initial problem, as I stated the second tech that was dispatched took care of it and have not seen any issue with it since.

dishtvisthewort
Camera Crew

Sure, would you like my social security number too?

DISH Employee

No, thank you, dishtvisthewort. All we need to access your account is the phone number and 4 digit PIN in a Private Message. Thanks!

dishtvisthewort
Camera Crew

How about you just send me my contract.

DISH Employee

I will send you a Private Message, dishtvisthewort, for more details on how you can obtain a copy of your commitment.