Cancelling account issues

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling account issues

Dear Dish,
I have made 3 calls to your customer service team to cancel my dish network account. I was told that your company extended my contract 2 years because I had a joey receiver hooked up so my mom could also watch satellite tv in a different room. This was a shock to me as 1. I was never told this could be a possibility or that it would happen. 2. I never signed anything that stated my contract would be extended. I have all of the contracts saved on my computer and nowhere does it say anything in the fine details about an extension. Your company lied to me to try to get me to stay by saying they have a copy of a contract that I signed that says that. The issue that lies in that logic is that a contract is a contract, I have emails of all the contracts that have been sent to me and unless you are forging one then I never signed anything agreeing to this. I was told it would be 360 dollars because I have 18 months left when in reality I should only have 6 months left as that's what my contract states. This is an easy case for small claims court and or my local news agency that has an entire segment on investigating these kinds of cases and reporting the stories. The link of the news agency I will contact can be seen here. http://kutv.com/news/get-gephardt/need- ... r-email-us
I am fine with paying my early termination fee for the time remaining on my contract not for some extension you have no proof of. I am demanding my contract be legally followed or legal action will take place. I have seen this been resolved on your forums before. I can email you my contract at any moment to prove it.
2 Replies

Re: Cancelling account issues

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Sorry to tell you this but adding equipment almost always means a new 2 yr contract. If it was installed & you signed the completed work order (which you had to do) then you agreed to it. If you want to cancel service you will have to pay to get out of the agreement. Both satellite companies work the same way.

Re: Cancelling account issues

DISH Employee
jeffreyhouston wrote:
Dear Dish,
I have made 3 calls to your customer service team to cancel my dish network account. I was told that your company extended my contract 2 years because I had a joey receiver hooked up so my mom could also watch satellite tv in a different room. This was a shock to me as 1. I was never told this could be a possibility or that it would happen. 2. I never signed anything that stated my contract would be extended. I have all of the contracts saved on my computer and nowhere does it say anything in the fine details about an extension. Your company lied to me to try to get me to stay by saying they have a copy of a contract that I signed that says that. The issue that lies in that logic is that a contract is a contract, I have emails of all the contracts that have been sent.....

As peggyrh stated, any kind of receiver upgrade would result in a two year agreement. I will be happy to see what other options we would have in order to get this resolved. Can you send us a private message with your account number and four digit PIN so we can look into this further?