cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Canceling Internet Service

mhuck
Extra

When I first began service with Dish, I had bundled my internet and tv services. There was an opportunity to upgrade to faster internet speeds with Hughesnet so I completed the upgrade. I am trying to cancel my internet service. When I contact Dish, I am told I need to contact Hughesnet and when I contact Hughesnet I am told to contact Dish. I have been playing a back and forth game between the two companies with no one willing to help me. I pay Hughesnet via automatic payments. I noticed too that I am unable to log in to either website to view my account or even look at statements. Can someone please provide me with assistance? It seems to me that my account was set up incorrectly somewhere along the way when my internet service was transferred to Hughesnet. I am really upset that neither company is hearing me out and willing to help me resolve this problem. 

4 Replies

Re: Canceling Internet Service

DISH Employee

Could you send me a private message on this forum with the phone number used for your dish network account?  I will be able to take a look at it and give you some more information based on the account info.

If you have never sent a PM on this site before here is a link to a how to that walk you through the process:

https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/m-p/15039#M421

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
If you pay HughesNet directly, then that is where you’d cancel.

PCHearn
Costume Designer

Chad4141 - If mhuck is trying to cancel their Dish internet service becasue they subscribed to HughesNet internet, why do you think they should contact HughesNet to cancel?  Seems like they would have to contact Dish to cancel.

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
They should only call HughesNet if they were paying Hughes for the service previously. I think there is some confusion about what is trying to be done. If it was DishNet satellite internet, they would cancel through Dish. If they had HughesNet independent of Dish, and that is the service they want to cancel, they need to call HughesNet.