After 15+ years, thinking of dropping Dish Network

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After 15+ years, thinking of dropping Dish Network

dttruax
Extra

So I've been a DIsh customer since March 2003 and have been happy with the quality and service....but not happy about the constant price increases. I am now paying almost $120/month! Seriously thinking about dropping dish and going to one of the streaming services for TV. What's the best way to get my cost down?

6 Replies

Re: After 15+ years, thinking of dropping Dish Network

d4g4m
Visual Engineer

If you live in a house to install an antenna and within reception of a tower, drop locals and save $12 a month.

Look at all the channels you get. Do you view them, do you need them? Consider switching to a 'flex' package and cut your bill in half.

DISH Employee

I'm happy to help, dttruax! We can look over your account to see what options are available to you. Please send me a Private Message with your phone number and 4-digit PIN so I can access your account and take a look!

You can view step-by-step instructions on how to send a PM here: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

GrammaDeb
Extra

ME TOO, been a long time customer and just in the past 5 months, reception has fallen off SO bad in any sort of rain, or wind, it did not used to... and I though oh sure the dish probably moved or whatever and they want to CHARGE ME to come look at it??? Wow.  Seriously.    I'm just thinking I should switch to cable now.     What I prefer about dish is their tv guide,   but I guess I could deal with it

DISH Employee

I hear you, GrammaDeb!. My goal is to be as simple and transparent as possible in explaining why we charge this fee.

One of the reasons that DISH is able to offer some of the lowest prices out of any pay TV provider is that we don’t pass any unnecessary costs off to you -- and that includes technical service costs.

These fees support our In-Home Services team so that we can continue to provide you with the award-winning customer service that you deserve. 

I would be happy to review your account and see what we can do to get a tech out! Please send me a Private Message with your phone number and 4-digit PIN so I can take a look.

You can view step-by-step instructions on how to send a PM here: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

Highlighted

Balloonman
Extra

You sound like me. I finally got them to give me a Hopper 3 . Noticed on my bill that I was paying $12 for local channels what happened to their contract of if you have auto billing you get Local HD for life. Their terms of life must be short lived? I have been with Dish for 20 years! We are the coustomers that are paying the most because most are temp coustomers. They play the switch game, and only pay an intro offer for 2 years and then switch! While people like us are paying $150+ a month. Plus every little rain shower complete loss of signal! Direct don't loose their siginal. My daughter has Direct and never does hers go out while it's raining! When the installer cam to put in my Hopper 3 I asked him to do a rewire he asked why I said becaue it 30 years old coax and I put it in myself and I would like it replaced with better cable he said mine was more than likely better and wouldn't replace it. That's good coustomer service for you!

DISH Employee

Thank you for getting in touch with us, Balloonman. Here at Dish, we always want our customers to feel like part of the family! We are constantly working to be Tuned In To you to provide you with the best customer experience. 

I understand you are very upset and disappointed with our service. I would be delighted to take a look at your account with you to see what we can do to get these issues resolved so you can get back to enjoying your Dish service. To access your account, would you please send me a private message with the phone number and 4 digit security code?