2 year contracts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 year contracts

MonkeYbAlls
Extra
I have been continually harassed via the phone and mail from the Dish Corporation for many months. When Dish offered to provide cable, phone, and internet service to my home, they told me they had a partnership with TDS. The Dish representative gave me a price that I would pay directly to Dish (not TDS) for these services. This rep also told me that I would be hearing from TDS within a matter of days about TDS providing my home phone and internet service. Not true, not correct, and never rectified by Dish. They did not do what their rep told me that they would do. (Voidable Contract) I had to continue with my current provider at a higher rate because TDS does not service this portion of our town. Dish should have known that fact. I was upset with Dish but they told me I could not opt out at that time because I had agreed to a two year service contract.
Then Dish went into hostile negotiations with the Hearst Corporation regarding access to channels 5 and 9. We were without those channels for at least two months, a second case of a Voidable Contract. Dish had assured me when I signed up that those two channels would be part of my cable package. I use WMUR (channel 9) for my local news and weather. I decided that I wanted to have that channel back and contacted the provider of my phone and internet and arranged to obtain my television access through them.
I cancelled with Dish and explained why. Since then they have continually called, early in the morning, late at night, some days I receive as many as 4 calls by 10 AM, and hounded me to pay off the contracted amount. I feel that there is material here for a class action lawsuit. I doubt that I am the only individual to be experiencing this abusive treatment. I would like you to make this issue public and put a stop to the harassment. I have contacted WMUR, Senator Maggie Hassan, Senator Jeanne Shaheen, Congresswoman Annie Kuster, Governor Sununu, and ALL my neighbors, about this issue.
2 Replies

Re: 2 year contracts

stile99
Cinematographer
As you know, because you've read the contract, absolutely no channels are guaranteed at any time. As you know, because you've read the contract, there will be no class action lawsuit.

Re: 2 year contracts

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Also, as you know because you have read the contract, the contract is ONLY for TV service. If a partner is unable to offer service in your area, the contract is still valid. I strongly recommend actually reading it as it can be found at mydish.com/legal