129 west sat

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

129 west sat

707harr
Extra
I've done everything but still can't get sat 129 w to lock in. It shows wrong sat 119 in red
Tags (2)
5 Replies

Re: 129 west sat

Chadt41411
Casting Director
When you say you have done everything, are you realigning the Dish manually? What antenna is it? Have you gotten the pointing angles from Dishpointer.com?

707harr
Extra
Thanks Chad. I'm using the Dish HD antenna and triple lnb. I used the dish pointer that hook s in line and put foil over the 110 and 119 feed horns. Then I tuned it to a strong signal. Which I thought eas 129. When I tehooked it up I didn't have any satellites. I then tried tuning it manually to 119 trans ponder 11. Everything was back the same way. But still no 129. It showed 119 In Red. as wrong satellite. . Appreciate the help.

707harr
Extra
And yes, I have the pointing angles from the web site.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
The LNB, just to verify, are all three evenly spaced apart or are there 2 together and one to the side? (Difference in 1k.2 and 1k.4 antenna)

d4g4m
Visual Engineer
To get the signal strength of each sat, you must tune to a channel of each sat. Using the signal strength page and changing sats will not give the signal strength of the other sats. I.E. If the TV is tuned to a 119 channel and you change the sat, you're still getting the strength of 119. If you want to know the signal strength of the 129 sat, first tune to a 129 channel, then go back to the signal strength page. Same with a 110 signal. All three readings will be different. Do not turn the dish more than 1/8" [on the pole] at a time or you will lose signal. 110 is over Peru, 119 is over the Pacific Ocean west of South America, 129 is way out over the Pacific Ocean. All 22,300 miles above the Equator. According to where you live, you may never get a good signal from 129