$10 VIsa Card for AutoPay Enrollment of 30 days

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$10 VIsa Card for AutoPay Enrollment of 30 days

Almighty1
Character Actor
On My Dish, My Account Summary, there was a banner that read, Enroll in AutoPay and get a $10 Visa Card that was displayed when I logged in on November 18, 2017. I signed up for AutoPay during the same session and that banner disappeared and the only requirement was I had to be enrolled in AutoPay for 30 days. My question the current My Dish no longer had a promotions section like it did in the past so could someone help check the enrollment and make sure I will get the $10 Visa Card? Thanks!
9 Replies

Re: $10 VIsa Card for AutoPay Enrollment of 30 days

peggyrh
Associate Producer

You need to contact a representative directly by PM since they need your acct info to see that information.

Almighty1
Character Actor
Yes, I know but I remember in the forum, a DISH Representative has to respond first and ask me to PM them with info they ask for. Since I don't even know who I should PM.

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Don't know where you got that idea, you can PM a rep anytime, just select their name. Helps to check work schedule too and see when they're usually online.

Almighty1
Character Actor
It's not where I got the idea but people usually post about something as seen in other posts and some rep will always reply in the thread of the post and ask the OP to send a PM directly to them with the account number and PIN for further assistance. Where is the list that shows who is online? Besides, it's better that the person takes interest and tell you they are available since just because they are green, doesn't mean they will respond in a timely manner as there have been cases where there are no response like with DiRT so unless there is a general PM that goes to everyone available and then a rep will take ownership of the ticket like how Comcast Direct on dslreports.com works,
it might or might not get an answer within a reasonable amount of time. I know with DIRT, it is the way you mentioned but that is usually for sites like satelliteguys.us.

peggyrh
Associate Producer
I've been contacting reps (whenever I need one) for years. Aren't many working at night anymore and the holidays make schedules erratic, but someone should be available in the morning. Reps on sat guys are the same as here (I read that site as well).

Almighty1
Character Actor
peggyrh wrote:
I've been contacting reps (whenever I need one) for years. Aren't many working at night anymore and the holidays make schedules erratic, but someone should be available in the morning. Reps on sat guys are the same as here (I read that site as well).

There are really 2 ways to do it. One is to PM a rep of your choice and basically get help from that rep except it will only benefit you and not other users. Also, obviously the more popular reps as some of them are more well known would probably get all the PM's while the others will not have any PM's. The other way is to use a forum like it's supposed to be use, post about something and what will happen is depending on what is discussed, other users or even a rep will chime in if they had the answer. If it requires access to the account, a rep who has a interest to help will respond with the answers and also ask to PM and ask for specific information in the PM. This will also benefit other users at the same time instead of just yourself should others also have the same issue and the answer is the same. In this case, it is the rep who wants to help answer instead of you picking someone by choice.

Like this thread, some people might not even be aware there is a $10 Visa Card for AutoPay enrollment of just 30 days or some people might have also enrolled in the offer either before or after and can share their experiences as the offer never mentioned how long it will take to receive the $10 Visa Card.

I've been here for years too and in the 11 or so threads I either started or participated in since 2014, you will see user participation and also see rep participation where the users might say they have the same issue and the rep for example will either mention if the issue is known and what's done about it or if it's a account issue, to PM them with the account details. Even for other users, here is a example of what I am talking about, a rep will always respond with exactly what I said.

/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=22470

If no one posted on forums and everyone PM a rep, then there might be answers to some problems/questions that will need to be answered over and over instead of other users first finding the answer.

Besides, I already posted here since even if I PM a rep, there will likely be a rep who will still reply in the thread.

What I meant earlier was on satelliteguys.us, there was the Hopper 3 thread where people who wanted to upgrade just post in that thread and each of the reps will PM the users who posted individually so that every rep will handle take care of someone in the order received instead of everyone PMing the same rep.

As far as reps are concerned, I always thought the reason people use the DIRT reps on the other sites was because they have more dedicated reps there while the reps here are just for this forum only. Not sure exactly but basically it seems on other sites, other than Matt G, it seems the DIRT reps have pretty much moved to other positions at DISH from my understanding when this was discussed on satelliteguys for example.

DISH Employee
Can you send me a PM with your phone number and 4 digit PIN?

Almighty1
Character Actor
Thanks ErikaP for reaching out.

Just a general comment, for the answer to this offer. It seems like the answer is inconsistent although I think ErikaP's answer is probably the correct answer as in summary, she said the offer was processed on 12/19/2017 and can take up to 6-8 weeks for me to receive it. This answer I would believe because since I enrolled on 11/18/2017 and it requires 30 days of enrollment which would mean 12/18/2017 would be the full 30 days to go into actual qualified status for the terms of the offer and then you basically add in the processing time just like typical rebates in general which is always 4-6 weeks minimum after 2 weeks for the processing itself which is how it adds up to 6-8 weeks. ErickaP even gave me a phone number to call for more information which is always a third party company that handles rebates that usually take their time to send out the promotion because they make money from the funds itself so the longer it takes for them to use that money to fulfil the request, the longer the money will stay in the bank earning interest which is 1.30%.

I also asked DISH on Facebook Messenger which means any of the reps can respond and got the answer from Mike H. who had helped me in the past on forums here and the answer was quite different as his answer was asking me if I had checked my email inbox, junk and spam folders to see if the e-mail about the $10 Visa Card redemption has been sent yet and even asked to confirm my e-mail address. This basically means that he is not able to have a accurate answer as he doesn't know if DISH actually sent out the e-mail. Then I conformed the email and basically said I got all other emails from DISH from dishnetwork.com, dish.com and dishemail.com which includes emails that day but nothing about the rebate. His response was he does see that I am to receive an email confirming fulfillment of the gift card and it will usually be sent right after the 30th day. In this case for me the date was the 18th of November. With the 18th of December being this past Monday, he said for me to look for it within the next few days.

So the answers as one can see is different as the the fulfilled part is the same but MikeH never told me how long it will take to receive the Visa Gift Card after the 30th day of eligibility which is basically when the rebate gets processed while ErikaP did. It would have helped if the offer actually mentioned the processing time and how long it takes after the terms of the offer was met for the customer to receive the Visa Gift Card which in this case is probably 2 weeks for processing after the 30 days of being in AutoPay and then another 4-6 weeks to receive it.

Almighty1
Character Actor
Just wanted to follow up on this. Received the $10 Visa Card in today's mail and ErikaP's answer was definitely correct as there was no e-mails concerning the offer as Mike H. had stated.