transfer recordings from hopper with sling to a tablet

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfer recordings from hopper with sling to a tablet

tangerine
Character Actor

I'm trying to learn how to transfer recordings from my hopper to my tablet so I can watch them offline but I can't find instructions. I had the ability in the past but my tablet was too old or something and the transfers never completed. I have a new tablet now and thought I'd give it a try again but I can't remember how to transfer them. I already have the "prepare for mobile" option checked in Settings.

I chatted with tech support and they said it's only possible with Hopper Go. I even copied and pasted the text from the website that says it's possible with a Hopper with Sling but was told again only Hopper Go can do it. Is this true? When did this change? Or if it is possible, can someone give me directions?

Thanks.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: transfer recordings from hopper with sling to a tablet

DISH Employee
The ability to transfer content from your Hopper w/Sling to your tablet is a feature that is still available to customers. This process will need to be completed while your tablet is connected to the same wireless network as your Hopper. Here are the steps to be completed through the Dishanywhere app on your tablet:
1. Select DVR
2. Select RECORDINGS
3. Swipe to and select the recording you want to transfer
4. Select TRANSFER
5. Select OK on the message that pops up

To view the process of the transfers select Transfers and select MY QUEUE to view the status of the transfer.

For additional help on this process, you can click this link for step by step instructions: https://www.mydish.com/support/services ... recordings.
1 Reply

Re: transfer recordings from hopper with sling to a tablet

DISH Employee
The ability to transfer content from your Hopper w/Sling to your tablet is a feature that is still available to customers. This process will need to be completed while your tablet is connected to the same wireless network as your Hopper. Here are the steps to be completed through the Dishanywhere app on your tablet:
1. Select DVR
2. Select RECORDINGS
3. Swipe to and select the recording you want to transfer
4. Select TRANSFER
5. Select OK on the message that pops up

To view the process of the transfers select Transfers and select MY QUEUE to view the status of the transfer.

For additional help on this process, you can click this link for step by step instructions: https://www.mydish.com/support/services ... recordings.