signal loss in rv

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

signal loss in rv

dmdrj5
Extra

Secondary output goes off EVERY night around 8 pm due to signal loss. Works fine all day and primary works well all of the time.

2 Replies

Re: signal loss in rv

DISH Employee

Hello dmdrj5. This is definitely not the experience that we would want you to have in your RV. We would be happy to help with this issue. We would recommend contacting us when the output goes out and gives you that signal loss message. When that happens, please send us a Private Message. We are available here every day between 8am-midnight ET. https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

Re: signal loss in rv

grammymidge
Extra

If you are on an inmotion antenna then It sounds like the primary receiver has shut down causing the dish to move slightly. Since the secondary receiver cannot control the dish then you will lose signal. I have found when this happens to my system by turning on the primary receiver and tuning it to the channel you are trying to watch on the secondary it will bring the dish back to correct pointing at the satellite and you should be able to watch after 8pm. If this doesn't work I hope the Dish support can come up with a different solution.