"DISH Anywhere no longer supports your Sling adapter."

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"DISH Anywhere no longer supports your Sling adapter."

AAAAAAAAAAAA
Character Actor

"We apologize for the inconvenience. DISH Anywhere no longer supports your Sling adapter. To continue enjoying DISH Anywhere, call 800-333-DISH and upgrade to a Hopper with Sling!"

Wow, the expensive device we just bought is no longer useful at all. Do we get paid back what we spent on this device? Nowhere did I see any indication that this was a device with such a limited lifespan.

Simply unacceptable.

7 Replies

Re: "DISH Anywhere no longer supports your Sling adapter."

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Not really a limited life span. It’s been around since around 2008...

peggyrh
Casting Director

You're also using an antique receiver, the 722 VIP series (which was what I had when I used the Sling adapter) is more than 10 years old as well, you're probably due for an upgrade.  BTW, I'm pretty sure that even when new the adapter was only $30, many got it for way less (& some for free), definitely wasn't "expensive".

alanfield
Extra

It just would be nice is Dish notified us that they would no long support our equipment, instead of me trying to get it to work. Funny some channels do stream and some DVR shows do work. It's just not very service minded to kill a option without notifiying customer. I have done searchs on this before and nothing, till I just read this post. Just bought a TV to put in garage and hooked up PC to have a bigger screen. I just ordered a C-USB to HDMI cable to try on my Samsung phone.

DISH Employee

Good afternoon, alanfield! We definitely hate to hear that you're upset about this situation. We would be more than happy to take a look into what options we have available for you today, please feel free to send us a Private Message with the phone number and 4 digit PIN that are on your account.

timgagedish
Extra

I just signed up for Dish last week and get this error message when I try to watch Dish anywhere.  I have no idea what hopper I have or what sling adapters came with it (or didn't come with it).  Why do I even need a sling adapter? DirectTV wasn't perfect, but their online viewing at least worked without continued error messages. Can my equipment be outdated in one week's time?

DISH Employee

Those are all great questions, timgagedish! We would be more than happy to take a deeper look into what is going on with your equipment and the issues you're currently having with the DISH Anywhere! Will you please send us a Private Message with the phone number and 4 digit PIN that are on your account?

threebikers
Extra

They did the same thing after people spent $350 - $500 on a pocketdish device years ago and then the DMCA was passed, and all pocketdish owners were left hanging with NO programming to tranfer from your DVR to your device, NO warning that it was going to happen, and NO support. Mine turned into a deluxe mp

@alanfield wrote:

It just would be nice is Dish notified us that they would no long support our equipment, instead of me trying to get it to work. Funny some channels do stream and some DVR shows do work. It's just not very service minded to kill a option without notifiying customer. I have done searchs on this before and nothing, till I just read this post. Just bought a TV to put in garage and hooked up PC to have a bigger screen. I just ordered a C-USB to HDMI cable to try on my Samsung phone.

3 player...