iPad won’t play On Demand content

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad won’t play On Demand content

Khh
Character Actor

I can get On Demand on my pc, but when I select “watch” on my iPad it continues to try to load. There’s no error message, just the wheel turning. Any help?

I’ve been watching on my iPad until recently. I’ve rebooted my receiver, my WiFi, and my iPad to no avail. Also, reloaded the app.

7 Replies

Re: iPad won’t play On Demand content

DISH Employee

Hi Khh! I hate to hear about your trouble with the DISH Anywhere While it's on the loading screen with the buffering page, does going between the HQ/SQ/Audio Only options help?

Does this happen with certain programs, or does it happen in general? 

Khh
Character Actor

It happens no matter what I try to play. There’s no message about video quality. Before when I clicked watch, it would ask “watch on iPad?” Now I don’t get that message.

DISH Employee

Gotcha. It sounds like it may a connectivity issue, and our Broadband team will have the tips and tricks up their sleeves to see if there is anything that we can do to get that fixed. You can reach them at 1-800-333-3474, option 4. 

Khh
Character Actor

I called support and they informed me the latest IOS version is not compatible with Dish On Demand. They assured me they were working on it.

Sra1956
Extra

I am having the same problem and I also called Dish.  Was told that they were going to fix it on 9/13/19...which is today....still doesn’t work.  Any updates?

DISH Employee

Hello Sra1956. I certainly understand your frustration. The fix dtae has been moved to 9/20 as our Engineers are still currently working on a resolution at this time. 

Sra1956
Extra

Thanks so much for the info.