dish anywhere sign on Fire TV once a week?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dish anywhere sign on Fire TV once a week?

langlin2000
Extra

I have several fire TV devices and each one loses registration often with Dish and I have to reenter the code using a computer or a phone. Is there a fix for this?

Tags (1)
6 Replies

Re: dish anywhere sign on Fire TV once a week?

DISH Employee

langlin2000, we currently do not have a work around, but I would try to clear the app's cache/data in the Fire TV settings to see if that helps. Also, are you seeing this only on the Fire TV or are you having to log in every week on the DISH Anywhere app through your tablet or phone? 

langlin2000
Extra

Thanks for the reply, I assume you mean clear the cache/data for all apps and not just the dish anywhere app? and I will try it.

I do not use dish anywhere on my phone so I don't know if I have a problem there.

DISH Employee

You can clear each app's cache individually by going to Settings > Apps, and selecting on the Dish Anywhere app. It'll give you the option there. 

Were you able to get it working after clearing the cache? 

We would ask if you use Dish Anywhere on another device to see if it's just your Fire TV having the issue, or all devices in your household.

nielsentm
Character Actor

I have the same issue on Firestick but I have to reauthenticate after clearing cache/data at least once or twice a day. This only started happening to me in the past week. Before I would have to reauth maybe once a month and I didn't have to clear cache.

ssquared14
Extra

I have the same issue and it's getting anyoning.   I can be in the middle of watching something and it decides that it is not longer authenticated.

DISH Employee

SSquared14, I can report your account to our Engineering Team, so that they are aware that you are experiencing this issue. Can you please send me a Private Message with the phone number and 4 digit PIN associated with your account?

Here is a link with step-by-step instructions on how to send a PM: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039 

Also, can you please let me know what the Software Version on the app on your Fire TV is?