cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dish anywhere problems

don16
Extra

Ok, there are 2 seperate problems...

1. Dish anywhere app used to work reasonbly well ( a little choppy from time to time ), ( internet speed is avg of 30+mbps down with at least 3+mbps up ) with my iphone SE plugged into my tv via lighning to hdmi cord from apple.  Now when i plug it in to hdmi the app tells me ( I dont remember the exact wording) disconnecting cant send video.  Why all of the sudden does this not let me play from phone to tv? 

2.  I bought a lenovo mixx 3-1030 to use in garage for dish anywhere so i dont tie up my phone when watching tv out there.  Picture bounces between sd and hd and its choppy and then goes blank then comes back on for a while.  If I click the hd button near the bitrate meter then the pic wont last long at all.  If I click auto it seems to last longer.  Internet speed is same as described in issue #1 above.  

It seem that as of now my only option is to rent another joey for a tv that rarely gets used.  I thought dish anywhere would be the answer.   Any ideas?   I really dont think its an internet or machine issue.  I think dish anywhere app for phone and player on pc is the problem?

4 Replies

Re: dish anywhere problems

Chadt4141
Casting Director
Invest in a FireTV stick for the garage. It gets DA and should work better.

don16
Extra

thanks, thats my next try.  someone else suggested that as well.  The more i investigate the issue, the more i think it is a problem with the dish anywhere player itself and not the motebook or internet.

Joe2
Extra

I think Dish is preventing people from streaming dish to their TV's from their phones, laptops or tablets. This is why they don't allow me to Airplay to my TV while using the Dish Anywhere app on my phone and when I plug in my hdmi cord to my laptop the video stops and when I reload it, it says the app is unavailable. I think they are trying to prevent multiple people from using a Dish Anywhere account in places other than the main home. (I'm a college student who uses their parent's Dish account)

DISH Employee

Hi, Joe2! You should be able to AirPlay DishAnywhere from an iOS device to an AppleTV. This is only functional with Live TV and DVR content, so if you're trying to use this for On Demand, you'd encounter an issue due to programming restrictions. Your phone will also need to have an your iOS device connected to the same wireless network as the device your streaming to. 

Are there software updates available for your iOS device or AppleTV?