cannot download the dish anywhere player

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: cannot download the dish anywhere player

Woody019254
Extra
Spent two hours one night two hours the next night with technician technician could not put me through to dish anywhere said there was a glitch and it needed to be fixed yet this sucks If they can’t fix it take it off the system

Roger28716
Extra

The mystery of the hanging S3 downloads

Having issues with a long time software provider I narrowed the issue of "S3" servers contracted for file servers. Or, as the "S3" service providers would say, incompatibility with S3 servers.

Here is a link I found that explains the issue(s) and an excerpt

Perusal of the web turned up a relevant answer at https://www.snellman.net/blog/archive/2017-07-20-s3-mystery/

Checksum corruption!

----------------------------------

Summation - “Well, S3 is one of those rare services that disable timestamps. And that actually makes for a big difference in this case. With timestamps, each retransmitted copy of a packet would use a different timestamp value [2]. And when any part of the TCP header changes, odds are that the checksum changes as well. Even if some packets are lost due to the having the magic checksum, at least the retransmissions will make it through promptly.

To check this theory, I asked for a test with TCP timestamps disabled on the client. And immediately large downloads from anywhere - even the ISP's own speedtest server - started hanging. Success!”

----------------------------------
An opportunity to verify if this is your issue may be tried by  downloading http://alibre-usa.s3.amazonaws.com/2018.0.1/AlibreDesign2018_0_1_setup_x64_19.0.1.19033.exe (from https://www.alibre.com/downloads/).

For the moment, while downloading from another website (Netgear upgrade - non "S3" server), as well as this Service Pack download; the other download keeps the Service pack download active, although slower.

If you are not “compatible” with S3 servers I wish you luck.

idlemind
Extra

I've been trying to get this to work also.  Contacted tech support and they were not able to help.  I don't get why it's so difficult for them to just put a link to the download on the site so that the plugin can be installed.  I've tried this in Edge, IE, Firefox, and Chrome.  That download now button doesn't do a think when clicking on it.  Dish, just make a link to the executable so we can install the plugin.  

DISH Employee

idlemind, that is a great idea. I can definitely see how that can help. I will definitely be sharing this suggestion with our Engineering Team for consideration. Thank you.

ccatlin
Extra

Hi! So where can I find the link to download the dishanywhere player? When clicking the button just like the poster here I get nothing... It's been a couple of years now not working like this, possibly 3 or more now and thousands of users have given up on you folks because they can't download the player. It would seem like an easy fix. Just post the link to the player. thanks. So if you can post the link to download the dishanywhere player for firefox it would be appreciated.  Much Thx, growing a beard now after the waiting...

DISH Employee

ccatlin, do you have a pop up blocker set up on your browser? If so, you will need to disable it in order to download the player. At this time, there is not a specific link to the download, but I will most definitely forward this suggestion. 

disgruntled1
Extra

OK I am not any sort of techy so do you have a solution that will allow me to actually use a service that I am paying for? I used it yesterday and today nothing. My Windows is up to date and I have not turned on any blockers or anything. Please help, I don't think I'm asking for much.

DISH Employee

I absolutely get your frustration, disgruntled1. Are you getting an error message when you try watching a program?