How does this workaround apply to the thread at all?
How does one terminate an application that is NOT INSTALLED on the computer yet.
The point of this thread is that we are trying to download and install the player FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME.
Sounds like it has already downloaded in the past. Please try the workaround in my previous post as this was shown to resolve any issue downloading it.
You will also want to be sure that any firewalls that may be preventing the download are off, also disable any pop-up blockers.
Tried your work around, but since I don't have DishAnywherePlayer.exe installed, I can't complete the steps. Pop-ups are allowed, no firewall issue and no computer issues. Can you please provide a URL that we can download the player from until the website is fixed.
Try this link. This seems to be where you can manually download the player for a browser.
All of the download links on the DISH site fail with: "Not Found. Error 404"
Google searches for other downloads of WideVine also result in failures: http://www.widevine.com/demo/index.html & http://www.widevine.com/download/videooptimizer/index.html
However -- it looks like Google, who owns WideVine (https://support.google.com/widevine/answer/2930704?hl=en&ref_topic=2930702) points you back to the provider (DISH) to resolve issues.
So....DISH...please resolve the issue...
Our engineers are not able to reproduce the same issue at this time. They believe your browser logs could provide some insight on what's happening with DISH Anywhere.
Browser logs can be captured by doing the following:
Dishanywhere.com > right click anywhere > select “Inspect” > choose “Console” tab > Save As.
Please email this document to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: DISH Anywhere Browser Logs. This will helps us quickly identify your email.
We ask that any customer currently experiencing this issue to please provide us this information.
Same problem. Gave up on getting it to work on Windows 10 systems. Downloaded an Android Emulator (Andy) and then the Dish Anywhere app - like on my phone. Works great. And, I can use Android apps on my laptop now too, so silver lining...
Got it to work this way:
1) On the 'Install' screen, right-click and select 'Show DevTools'.
2) Click the element inspector (magnifying glass at top left of DevTool window), then click on the giant install button.
3) You should see a URL that points to an installation of the DISH Anywhere plugin (e.g. s3cf.dishanywhere.com/video_plugin/DISH_Anywhere_Video_Player_Installer_2.29.3.exe), copy the URL to a new tab in the browser.
4) Browser should prompt you to save the installer, save it somewhere on your drive.
5) Make sure all instances of DISH Anywhere have been closed, then run the installer.
6) Once it has finished, you should be able click 'Watch' on your desired programming and enjoy!
I was able to put:
into my browser and download and install the player. yeah!
I even rebooted and tried to watch shows in Firefox and Edge and they still fail to detect the installed player and play shows.
However -- I was able to watch a show in Google Chrome.
1 out of 3 sucks, but its a work-around until Dish gets their act together. thanks for the help and update on this issue!