cannot download the dish anywhere player

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: cannot download the dish anywhere player

bergerpjr
Camera Crew

How does this workaround apply to the thread at all?

How does one terminate an application that is NOT INSTALLED on the computer yet.

The point of this thread is that we are trying to download and install the player FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME.

Sounds like it has already downloaded in the past.  Please try the workaround in my previous post as this was shown to resolve any issue downloading it.

You will also want to be sure that any firewalls that may be preventing the download are off, also disable any pop-up blockers. 

---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

mel
Character Actor

Tried your work around, but since I don't have DishAnywherePlayer.exe installed, I can't complete the steps.  Pop-ups are allowed, no firewall issue and no computer issues.  Can you please provide a URL that we can download the player from until the website is fixed.

Try this link.  This seems to be where you can manually download the player for a browser.

http://www.dishanywhere.com/home/widevine

---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

bergerpjr
Camera Crew

All of the download links on the DISH site fail with: "Not Found. Error 404"

Google searches for other downloads of WideVine also result in failures: http://www.widevine.com/demo/index.html & http://www.widevine.com/download/videooptimizer/index.html

However -- it looks like Google, who owns WideVine (https://support.google.com/widevine/answer/2930704?hl=en&ref_topic=2930702) points you back to the provider (DISH) to resolve issues.

So....DISH...please resolve the issue...

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you. 

Our engineers are not able to reproduce the same issue at this time. They believe your browser logs could provide some insight on what's happening with DISH Anywhere. 

Browser logs can be captured by doing the following:

Dishanywhere.com > right click anywhere > select “Inspect” > choose “Console” tab > Save As. 

Please email this document to danyprod@dish.com with the subject line: DISH Anywhere Browser Logs. This will helps us quickly identify your email. 

We ask that any customer currently experiencing this issue to please provide us this information. 

mel
Character Actor

Where is the Save As?

Lincoln237
Extra

Same problem.  Gave up on getting it to work on Windows 10 systems.  Downloaded an Android Emulator (Andy) and then the Dish Anywhere app - like on my phone.  Works great.  And, I can use Android apps on my laptop now too, so silver lining...

akamax
Extra

Got it to work this way:

1) On the 'Install' screen, right-click and select 'Show DevTools'.

2) Click the element inspector (magnifying glass at top left of DevTool window), then click on the giant install button.

3) You should see a URL that points to an installation of the DISH Anywhere plugin (e.g. s3cf.dishanywhere.com/video_plugin/DISH_Anywhere_Video_Player_Installer_2.29.3.exe), copy the URL to a new tab in the browser.

4) Browser should prompt you to save the installer, save it somewhere on your drive.

5) Make sure all instances of DISH Anywhere have been closed, then run the installer.

6) Once it has finished, you should be able click 'Watch' on your desired programming and enjoy!

bergerpjr
Camera Crew

I was able to put:

s3cf.dishanywhere.com/video_plugin/DISH_Anywhere_Video_Player_Installer_2.29.3.exe

into my browser and download and install the player. yeah!

I even rebooted and tried to watch shows in Firefox and Edge and they still fail to detect the installed player and play shows.

However -- I was able to watch a show in Google Chrome.

1 out of 3 sucks, but its a work-around until Dish gets their act together. thanks for the help and update on this issue!