cannot download the dish anywhere player

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: cannot download the dish anywhere player

tmor
Character Actor

Update - also tried on a Surface Pro running Win10 and an Asus on Win7, vastly different setups with same result - nothing happens when clicking the "Download Now" button.  I'd have a hard time believing the problem is at our end.

Thanks for your assistance

mel
Character Actor

I have the same problem but I'm on Windows 7.  Support told me that my computer it preventing the download.  I've tried multiple computers on multiple networks and the same result.  The Download Now button doesn't do anything.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Our only work around at this time is to reboot your computer in full after the latest security update. We plan on having a new player released early this year. 

bergerpjr
Camera Crew

I wonder if the Moderater of the forum even read the issue. We can't even download an old media player, let alone a new player. The website is broken. the button to download "a" player is broken and doesn't do anything.

This is the same sort of response I got from a human during a phone call to Dish technical support. Does not anyone at Dish read/listen to the customers and their issues? Do we have any channels for escalation to someone who does know what they are talking about?

Community Manager
Community Manager

I understand your frustration regarding the issue. The issue has already been escalated to our Tech Ops team/Engineers. It is on our internal known issues list, and a fix is being scheduled. This is the only work around they have provided at this time. 

Any issue that can not be fixed within normal troubleshooting is escalated to our Tech Ops team. They attempt to replicate the issue, try to find a root cause, and then implement a fix or ask for additional information if necessary. 

tmor
Character Actor

Then in the interim, can you provide the URL to the download file that the button is supposed to access?

tmor
Character Actor

To clarify, the URL is the thing that begins with http or https.

Thank you.

Does a version of the player already show on the browser?  What browser and what version?  There is likely a version already there, so try fully deleting this and then reinstalling the plug in (using the download now option)

---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

bergerpjr
Camera Crew

Quoting the original opening thread below.

Adding to the original thread:

• New customer. New install. Never had DISH Anywhere Player before. Cannot get the DISH Anywhere Player.
  • Tried on both Win7 and Win10. Same results. It's a website issue.

original opening thread:

"I've tried chatting/calling support and they are no help.
I cannot download the DISH Anywhere player. I've tried Firefox; Chrome; IE; Edge. I've got JAVA and Flash updated too. All fail in Win10.

If I click 'watch' on any show it says, "If you have already installed the DISH Anywhere Player, select "Continue" below. If not, select "Install". Click "install" and it says We have release a new video player for DISH Anywhere. Please click OK below to download the new video player. The DISH Anywhere Player is required for streaming on this browser".
It takes you to the EULA screen >I Accept.
It then lists your PC requirements and a big/fat DOWNLOAD NOW]" button. However -- clicking the button does nothing.

I cannot find this player on anywhere else on their site, its not in the Microsoft Store or 3rd party websites.

Any help/411 would be great on how I can get/download the player.
thanks..."

We do have a workaround for this issue (sorry, took a bit to get this info). This was proven to work with issues downloading the player.

1. Shut down the DishAnywhere program. Go to the System Tray and look for the DISH Anywhere Slingplayer which is a red icon. Right click on it and select "Quit."
2. Then go to where the DishAnywhere program was installed on your computer.
Example: C:\Program Files (x86)\DishAnywhereDesktop
3. Find the file called "DishAnywherePlayer.exe" and right-click on it. Select Properties.
4. In the Properties menu, go to the Compatibility tab.
5. In the Compatibility Mode section select Windows XP (Service Pack 3)
6. Apply your Changes.
7. Relaunch the DishAnywhere

---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator