cannot download the dish anywhere player

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot download the dish anywhere player

bergerpjr
Camera Crew

I've tried chatting/calling support and they are no help.
I cannot download the DISH Anywhere player. I've tried Firefox; Chrome; IE; Edge. I've got JAVA and Flash updated too. All fail in Win10.

If I click 'watch' on any show it says, "If you have already installed the DISH Anywhere Player, select "Continue" below. If not, select "Install". Click "install" and it says We have release a new video player for DISH Anywhere. Please click OK below to download the new video player. The DISH Anywhere Player is required for streaming on this browser".
It takes you to the EULA screen >I Accept.
It then lists your PC requirements and a big/fat DOWNLOAD NOW]" button. However -- clicking the button does nothing.

I cannot find this player on anywhere else on their site, its not in the Microsoft Store or 3rd party websites.

Any help/411 would be great on how I can get/download the player.
thanks...

33 Replies

Re: cannot download the dish anywhere player

Chadt41411
Casting Director
What are you trying to watch on?

bergerpjr
Camera Crew
laptop. Windows 10.

bergerpjr
Camera Crew

Here's some screenshots of the error:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AvGzAzwAKmxLkMdMn-IWe-ecA-MNug

don16
Extra

i just ran into this issue the other day.   dish anywhere worked ( well schetchy but it kinda worked) and then the next day i got the same issue as you it said click ok or install.  swithced to firefox and then it prompted me to load the player.    I would say go through and delete everything dish from your laptop and start over

bergerpjr
Camera Crew

got a little bit further. Firefox; Edge; IE all still prompt (and fail) to download the player.

Chrome now asks you to install an Extension. I install the extension; try to watch the show -- I see & hear the opening advertisements -- but when the actual show starts -- sound only - no video.

Make sure I had the latest version of Adobe Flash and Chrome. Tried disabling hardware acceleration in Chrome's flash settings. no dice...

Have you made sure that Win 10 is updated?  There was an issue but updating this and rebooting the PC was the workaround.  Should be a security update

---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

Dishanywhere Video Player

mel
Character Actor

Watched a movie 2 days ago with no problem.  1 day ago, Dishanywhere.com says I need to download a new version of the video player.  No matter which browser I use or what computer I use, nothing happens when I click the Download Now buttom.  Support was no help.  Is there another way to download the video player?

bergerpjr
Camera Crew

Matt - thanks for the suggestion, but yeah -- tried that. I'm actually an IT Systems Engineer -- so I've been doing this sorta thing for quite a while. I tried again today and get the same error. The "Download Now" button is just that -- a button. It doesn't actually do anything or provide you a URL to a download to download/install anything from the "Download the updated DISH Anywhere Player" page.

tmor
Character Actor

Having the exact same issue in IE11, Chrome, and Firefox - all up to date.  Latest Win10 updates performed. Java enabled.  Click the "Download Now" button and absolutely nothing happens.

Even tried disabling AV and firewall but still nothing.  Ditto with adblocker.

Previous guidance would have you remove previous version of the player but there isn't one listed in my apps or programs, never tried to download it before.