buffering on iphone while not on wifi

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

buffering on iphone while not on wifi

brobbins1969
Character Actor

this just started a couple months ago, when I'm away from wifi watching dish anywhere on my iphone it buffers, breaks up, pauses and is becoming very annoying. before this it worked great, my download speed on my phone is 22 to 28 mbps.

now when I'm on wifi at 6mbps it works great again. I have a Hopper 3 with sling and like I said earlier this just started doing this recently, I have deleted my Dish anywhere app and re-installed it, but no changes. I have the latest software on my phone. Any suggestions?

4 Replies

Re: buffering on iphone while not on wifi

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Check to see if your phone or provider has speed limits for streaming services, especially competing streaming services. For instance, ATT will slow down streams from competing services, whether direct or indirect.

brobbins1969
Character Actor

Good idea, any hints on how I do that, I have service through Straight Talk, have plenty of data to use, and this just started a couple of months ago.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Honestly, I would start by calling straight talk and ask them. They may also limit the size of the data transmitted over a short period of time.

brobbins1969
Character Actor

ok, thanks