Winegard SK-1000 and Hopper 3

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Winegard SK-1000 and Hopper 3

Shadowfaxrving
Character Actor

Winegard control shows lock on 110, 119, 129.  Hopper diagnostics shows 70+ signal strength for all three satellites.  Installation test passes showing it recognizes the DPH42 switch. BUT - The satellite/tuner list shows 119, 129 (all green check marks) and a column labeled "Conn" with red x's for all tuners and I don't receive any 110 channels.  Suggestions?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Winegard SK-1000 and Hopper 3

DISH Employee

I am sorry to hear it was such a long process for you but I am delighted to hear they were able to get this resolved so you can get back to enjoying all of your channels. Is there anything else I can help you with today?

5 Replies

DISH Employee

Good morning, Shadowfaxrving! It sounds like the receiver might need to have a signal sent out to reboot the signal and we would need to make sure the location of the Dish is correct on your account. 

To assist you with this, I would need to access your account. Would you please send me a private message with the phone number and 4 digit security code on your account? Just click Here to send a private message! 

Shadowfaxrving
Character Actor

SamF - the imbeded link doesn't work (gets an error) so I will call tech support, probably tomorrow.

DISH Employee

I am sorry to hear you were unable to access the link. I would love to continue assisting you through here. Lets see if this works better for you: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

Shadowfaxrving
Character Actor

Sam F - thanks.  I spent some time on the phone with DISH tech-support, then a while longer with outdoor support who transferred me to Winegard.  After walking through all of the possibilities, I started swapping cables (in an order proposed by Winegard).  I expected to be able to narrow it down to the DPH42 switch, cables or the actual antenna.  On the first swapping of the cables around on the inputs of the switch - lo and behold - I now have all three satellites.  Either the connection to the switch was wonky or there is an intermittent open/short at the indoor connector end of one of the cables.  But I have all three satellites again - for a while.

DISH Employee

I am sorry to hear it was such a long process for you but I am delighted to hear they were able to get this resolved so you can get back to enjoying all of your channels. Is there anything else I can help you with today?