Winegard Pathway X2 not getting HD guide on secondary receiver

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Winegard Pathway X2 not getting HD guide on secondary receiver

rttate1960
Extra
Started having problems with my secondary receiver not loading up the right guide and not working. Tried new cables, unplugging (hundreds of times) re positioning the dish, hooking the dish directly to the receiver. It seems to start working 3 - 4 hours after re booting sometimes. This has been progressively getting worse. Worked fine when I bought it a year ago.
5 Replies

Re: Winegard Pathway X2 not getting HD guide on secondary receiver

DISH Employee

Good morning, rttate1960! We hate to see that you're upset! Are you getting any error messages when it stops working?

rttate1960
Extra
I have been working with Winegard the last couple of days. The next thing they want me to try is to disconnect the secondary receiver from the dish, do a check switch, reconnect the dish and do another check switch installation.

DISH Employee

That sounds like a good plan, that will help reset the connection between the dish and the receiver. Be sure to let us know if that works for you! 

grammymidge
Extra

I have had the same problem with my secondary receiver. The only thing that fixed it was to take the coax currently connected to the primary receiver and connect it to the secondary receiver then run an installation switch test to the receiver to validate connection to all 3 satellites. After verifying that the guide is complete and all channels are being received then move the secondary receiver back to where it was connected and reconnect the primary receiver back to the primary coax. When both receivers are booted up you should be able to view channels on the secondary receiver but only ones that are broadcast on the satellite the primary has set the dish to point at. And if you wish to change to a channel on the secondary that is broadcast on another satellite ensure you have changed the primary receiver to the channel you wish to view on the secondary. 

rttate1960
Extra
Still having the same issue with the secondary receiver. Dish has told me it is a software issue. Not sure if they have been able to solve this problem yet. Waiting.