cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Wally software update

terry614
Camera Crew
Got the email telling me a software update to fix the Wally issue with dropping signal. Has been released. . I go to my receiver to manually update and it says I already have the most recent version. Chat with support and they say I don’t but nothing I can do but wait. It will download overnight automatically. NOT. Switching from Directv was a big mistake. This thug is useless. Has anyone actually seen this problem resolved?
4 Replies

Re: Wally software update

JKJASINSKI
Costume Designer
No! So frustrated. I was told yesterday by a technician that they were releasing it by "areas". I was in an area that was getting the update last night. Yeah, that didn't happen. They just tell you stuff to get you off the phone.

DISH Employee

We have gotten reports from customers stating that they have received the new software download. Our Engineering Team has provided additional steps to try if for some reason your receiver failed to download. Here are the steps:

1.)Ensure that the receiver is tuned to a channel that is coming from either satellite 61.5 or 119. (channel 110 is a great one to use)
2.) Place receiver in Standby Mode for 30 mins for the software to update. (press the power button on the Dish remote and the TV should say "Press Any Button to Watch TV".)

ftrv
Camera Crew

This is what I meant by "inadequate and confusing" instructions.  When I press the Power button (once) on my remote, it turns the TV completely off.  How am I supposed to see a Standby screen when the TV is OFF??  To get the Standby screen, I push the Power button on the Wally box....NOT THE REMOTE!

Udubdawg
Extra
In Washington State, tune to 105 USA Network.
Press & release power button on the box.
Now in Standby mode and in a few minutes you'll see " Save vital program info now downloaded to receiver"
1-800-472-1039 for additional help