Wally signal

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wally signal

terry614
Camera Crew
I m new to DISH. Have 2 Wally’s in RV. Also have Hopper and Joey at home. I’ve used Wally’s twice in different locations. Both times holding a signal has been a problem. No obstruction in dish view of sky. Very disappointed. What am I doing wrong?
7 Replies

Re: Wally signal

DISH Employee

Hello Terry614, let me start off by saying welcome to the DISH family. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with holding a signal when using your Wally receivers in your RV. This is not the experience we want you to endure while trying to enjoy your service. 

Can you tell me, when you are having the signal issues, are there any error codes or messages?

Highlighted

terry614
Camera Crew
I am back home now so can’t look at Wally screen. The picture keeps jumping from HD to SD. Sometimes it just shows message to change channels it reset receiver. Can’t watch more than s few minutes before it happens again. I had clear view of sky but in looking at signal strength I only was getting 50 or less, usually less. Same thing happened last time I tried to use them and that was in a different state do it doesn’t seem to be where dish is sitting. In fact I moved the dish three times this weekend with no change. Using a Winegard G2+ dish that worked great with Directv before I switched.

DISH Employee

Hi Terry, can you please send me a private message with your phone number and 4 digit security code so we can try some troubleshooting steps to see what could be going on?

terry614
Camera Crew
It will have to wait. The RV is back in storage lot. I plan to get it out this week and try to get to the bottom of this issue. Thanks

JKJASINSKI
Costume Designer
I am having the same issue. Switching from sd/HD , 004, 005 error, and losing signal. O called Winegard, I have a Carryour G2. They said DISH did a software update to the Wally and I needed to call DISH. After 1 hour of switching boxes, unplugging satellite, power, etc. He said "sorry, nothing else I can do. They have no timeline when it will be fixed." I told him that's no acceptable and he offered to cancel my account. I had just paid for another month. I told him I wanted to be reimbursed $250 for the two Wally's I just purchased. He couldn't help me with that, but if I could spend $100 to get the outdated receiver which is not having the problem. So disappointed.

terry614
Camera Crew
So is DISH admitting it’s a problem with the Wally receivers. I’m in the same boat as I just purchased two of them for the RV. I also put service in my home so I can use the Dish Anywhere on my Firestick. That works good but some areas we travel to don’t have good AT &T coverage which is who our Unite Explore is connected to. Do they give you any time line on fixing the issue?

DISH Employee

We definitely want to get to the bottom of this issue for you to get your service back up, and working properly. May you please provide me with your phone number, and security pin in a private message so that I may access your account?