cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Wally not locking on

JKJASINSKI
Costume Designer
I am new to DISH, I switched from DIRECTV to get HD channels. It worked great for about 10 days. I keeps switching from sd/HD , 004, 005 error, and losing signal. I called Winegard, I have a Carryout G2. They said DISH did a software update around April 24th to the Wally and I needed to call DISH. After 1 hour of switching boxes, unplugging satellite, power, etc. He said "sorry, nothing else I can do. They have no timeline when it will be fixed." I told him that's no acceptable and he offered to cancel my account. I had just paid for another month. I told him I wanted to be reimbursed $250 for the two Wally's I just purchased. He couldn't help me with that, but if I could spend $100 to get the outdated receiver they were not having the issue, but he wouldn't recommend it because it was older equipment. What? So disappointed.
4 Replies

Re: Wally not locking on

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
You can use a manual antenna, rather than an auto tune antenna, and it will work. It only affects third party auto dishes.

JKJASINSKI
Costume Designer
It's mounted on my motor home, I'm not getting another satellite. I will switch back to DIRECTV and live without HD.

JKJASINSKI
Costume Designer
And according to DISH, if I got the $55 box I wouldn't have the issue. Not paying for another receiver. I still have the DIRECTV receivers.

DISH Employee

Good afternoon. I understand the frustration of equipment not functioning as expected. We definitely want your receiver to be functioning at optimal performance. I'd be pleased to take a closer look into this matter for you. Can you please provide me with your phone number, and security pin in a private message so that I may access your account?