Wally and Pathway X2 - FAIL

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Wally and Pathway X2 - FAIL

Raptor99
Extra

I have been extremely frustrated for about 1 year with my playmaker dual. I have hours of talking to Dish, changing Wally's around, running cables from the antenna to the Wally's, and replacing all the coax cable in the RV. I purchased a new antenna and a new Wally with no fix. 

I stumbled on to this forum and checked my volts on the system to find that I had 13.0 and 13.1. I was very excited and phoned Dish Outdoors. I started to explain the situation and she had no record of my issues. I phoned Dish and they had my entire history. They will not share the history.

My biggest issue is if Dish has the fix why are they not sharing it but sounding more like they are fighting with the consumer?

DISH Employee

Good afternoon. I can definitely understand your frustration. I'd be pleased to take a look into this issue for you. Can you tell me if you are seeing any error codes on the Wally at all?

DISH Employee

Good afternoon. I can definitely understand your frustration. I'd be pleased to take a look into this issue for you. Can you tell me if you are seeing any error codes on the Wally at all?

Raptor99
Extra

Our main TV in the living room

I don't remeber the number but it freezes up on acquiring signal. You can hear the antenna grind

The TV in the bedroom

The screen has never left the screen asking you to change channel up/down

DISH Employee

I understand how this would cause frustration. Lets take a look at your account. Can you please provide me with your phone number, and security pin in a private message so that I may access your account?

Raptor99
Extra

JakeB

I am confused and frustrated that some are working without issues and there are several with issues like mine. When I read about volts and updates I know mine has only 13 and those that have 14-19 are working.

Can I ask you to send me 2 Wally's in exchange. I have spoken to my dealer who said they have been exchanging out Wally's and they seem to be working. They would not exchange mine while I am working with you. The dealer is also interested in what is going on. Honestly they have stopped installing your product until all of this is resolved because they have had so many customer complaints.

Like I said in earlier posts I have purchased a second antenna, long coax to diagnose and kept my service so that Dish would help diagnose and also in hopes that the darn thing would work.

Camping isabout enjoying the outdoors but at the endof the day it isnice to sit down and watch TV.

Thanks for looking in to this but please get the issue resolved.

DISH Employee

Hello Raptor99. We'll be happy to look into this option and any updates we may have received. I do show that we have been speaking to you in a Private Message and have your account information there. We would be happy to continue assisting you in that Private thread.

Tfranz
Character Actor
After looking through this thread, the issues seem related to issues I have been experiencing. Just got a Wally with a dish playmaker. Registering 13 volts at the Wally. Sporadic issues with connectivity. Ran a nw wire, helped very little. Am I a candidate for a new Wally?

DISH Employee

Good evening, Tfranz! We would be happy to assist with any and all issues that you may be having. Can you tell me what all issues that you have been experiencing on your Wally? If any error messages appear on the screen, does that have a 3 or 4 digit error code in the top right hand corner of the error message? 

Tfranz
Character Actor
Hi Jason, we've been having problems with intermittent connectivity especially like with weather loss. When there's a loss of connectivity I have to reboot the wally in order to reestablish connectivity. Just rescanning doesn't reestablish connection. There are times when the weather's good and it will report a weather loss. We've only have this wali for about a month and have had lots of issues. Really hoping you can help. Have already tried a master reset on more than one occasion. We got this wali with a new camper we purchased. I thought originally it was a badd wire. However, even after replacing the wire feed to the wali we're still experiencing issues.