Wally and Pathway X2 - FAIL

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Wally and Pathway X2 - FAIL

GoCougs
Character Actor

Hello, jumping in on this thread. We have been having these similar issues with both a King Tailgater as well as the Pathway X2 which we just recently bought because the King Tailgater has failed and they want us to send it back. Our motorhome is parked across the state for football season and we cannot remove it right now so we bought a "back-up." From the information I am seeing posted here, it sounds like it may be our receivers that are the problem, not the dish. The wally and 211z worked for one year, then we hooked up an HDMI cable to the secondary receiver (the outside TV) on the 211z receiver and all heck broke loose. We started getting an error "local channels interrupted, we are aware of the issue..." So we bought new cables, we tried hooking up one reciver at a time to the satellites, nothing is working. This past weekend we had grand hopes of actually getting to use this system, that we are paying 90.00 a month for, but again, we could only get the Wally to hookup to the Pathway X2, but not the outside TV, the one meant to watch football games on! I have spent days, nights, weekends wasting time on this system that was not cheap by the way. Apparently all is supposed to be fixed by purchasing the Traveler for 2,300 once you spend $$ to remove the year-old system and re-install the Traveler. Tired of wasting my time and money on what shoudl be a pretty simple system. After all, it works on everyone's homes, why not on the RV? 

Doughboy57
Camera Crew

My guess is that the problem is a”ground loop” between the various units. Simple test would be to connect the outside unit to the same AC outlet that the working tv is plugged into with a extension cord - if no change, use a three prong to two prong adapter and flip the polarization. You should be able to do this without a lot of money or time. Google ground loop “

1. an unwanted electric current path in a circuit resulting in stray signals or interference, occurring, e.g., when two earthed points in the same circuit have different potentials.”
 That’s my best shot at this problem as well as others that have a problem with running two receivers when each one operates singularity 

Doughboy57

GoCougs
Character Actor

Thank you Doughboy57, we will give this a try.

Doughboy57
Camera Crew

Be sure to include everything electrical connected to the tv - amplifier etc

GoCougs
Character Actor

Including the dish receiver as well?

Doughboy57
Camera Crew

Yes, ground loops are created when one or more ellements is plugged into an outlet that has a difference in the nutral sideof the ac (ground) than others. everything in the system should be commected to the same source. This is just for the test. if this solves the problem then you can buy isolators for the permiant fix ($20/$60)

Doughboy57

GoCougs
Character Actor

Great! Thank you.

KrK
Extra

We have the same issue with our Winegard Mission. Bought 2 new Wally’s. Now get infrequent I’d any reception. RV service tech and Winegard say Winegard is working correctly. 

DISH Employee

Had you previously had 211's with your Winegard?

foreverpa
Extra

My 211z only puts out 13 v.  If I run my cable over 25' from the pathway x2 it fails. Loses to much voltage with the addition of the amount of coax run inside motorhome. I understand that the x2 needs 13- 20v to maintain integrity. The only way I can run my x2 is run a piece of cable out the slide to the satellite antenna. Need a way to get more voltage out of the reciever.