Wally and Pathway X2 - FAIL

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Wally and Pathway X2 - FAIL

DISH Employee

Hi schan11. Aside from the voltage, what issues have you been seeing on that second receiver? Have you had any error messages?

Doughboy57
Camera Crew

If you purchased the Wally from Dish RV (aka Pace Sales) I think they will swap it out for one of the units that will output the 14 to 18 Volts required by the X2. 

I think ink in any case Dish will want you to go back to the dealer in case they also sold you an extended warranty. 

My replacement unit works with the X2 perfectly - time after time.

Doughboy57
Camera Crew

I believe that there are two versions of the Wally. One puts out 13.1 volts the other (newer?) outputs 19 volts. 

Winegard says the X2 needs 14 - 18 volts.

i don’t think you will ever get the X2 to operate properly on 13.1 volts

Dish Inc told me that the specs for the Wally are 13 - 19 volts. 

Contact your dealer for for a newer version 

schan11
Character Actor

The receiver sometimes receives channels be not all, only some (same sat) and it will loose signal but the first receiver does not.  I bought it from Camping World this past April, not sure what they will do for me.  I've spent countless hours trying different combinations to direct cable from sat to receiver. 

Very frustrating.  Will Dish not help? 

Doughboy57
Camera Crew

I don’t have any experience with a 2nd receiver. However, my first Wally sounds like your #2. 

I know now that some techs at Dish are aware that Winegaurd says 14 - 18 volts for the X2.

i think that a lot of other Tailgater type dishes don’t need so much voltage so Dish wouldn’t  want to wholesale replace the other receivers. 

Try telling Camping World your plight. I’m sure they have enough clout with Dish to make the replacement happen at no cost to them. 

Good luck!

schan11
Character Actor

Thanks for your help Doughboy57.  

ReyU - Is there anything Dish can do to help me with a swap of my receiver as its known the X2 needs 14-18 volts to work correctly?  I bought my second receiver in April of this year.  thanks

DISH Employee

schan11, we would be happy to look into your account and see what options we may have available to get this replaced. Can you please send us a Private Message with the phone number and 4 digit Pin on the account? 

To send a Private Message:
1. Make sure you are signed into the Communities page.
2. Click the message count or envelope icon to go to your Private Messages Inbox.
3. Click Compose New Message.
4. Enter the recipient's name (JasmineD) in the Send to area.
5. Enter the subject for the message in the Message Subject area.
6. Type the reply in the Message Body editor.
7. Then click Send Message

schan11
Character Actor

I want to let everyone knowJasmineD with DISH has responded already to my private message and is helping me with my receiver.  So far they are stepping up to help me with my situation quickly and this is great.

Thanks Jasmine and Dish!

rdr546
Camera Crew

I am having the exact same issues. I bought a single Wally and the Pathway X2 from the "dish for my rv" website several months ago. This weekend on a trip to Savannah, I paid for the month of service for the first time as it was the first occasion I had needed it since I'd bought the equipment. It took hours to get the Wally activated, but once it was, all was fine. Then, I decided I needed another Wally for the TV in the RV's bedroom, which I hadn't bought originally because being new to Dish I wanted to make sure all worked well before buying two Wallys. So I purchased a new Wally at Camping World Savannah. Since then, complete disaster. The second Wally will sometimes find a signal and broadcast channels, but it will suddenly lose the signal and not broadcast anything. Obviously, from this post, I see that the 2nd receiver I bought must be putting out only 13.1 volts, which won't work with my Pathway X2. This Savannah trip is already basically ruined. I hope I can get some help so that our next trip isn't ruined as well. I will call Dish in the morning and maybe speak to Camping World as well.

schan11
Character Actor

Check the length cable from sat to receiver, sometimes the cable in the RV is poor quality (non 3GHZ, quad shield, adding too much length or too many barrel connectors) and it will not work. When your second receiver looses signal, does the main receiver work correctly, if so what is the signal strength of main and second receiver?  Did you use a digital multi-meter to measure voltage, if not I'd recommend doing that. 

Be sure you have a clear view of the sky.  Try bypassing internal RV cabling using a cable direct from sat to 2nd receiver.  If the main receiver is turned on, receiving a good signal, main rec is setup on as one receiver, on your second rec try pressing the home button 3 times (diagnostics screen), go to "dish" click on "test installation" run a switch check, if the signal on the second receiver is in green change channel to match the channel of the main receiver.  If your system is set up as one rec, the second rec will only receive channels from the same sat as the first receiver.