Wally and Pathway X2 - FAIL

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Wally and Pathway X2 - FAIL

DISH Employee

Hi Magoo5560! I hate to hear about your signal loss problems. I know that those can be frustrating. If you want to send me a private message with your phone number and 4-digit PIN, we can take a look to see what we can do to get this up and running. 

Here is a link that can help you send a private message:  https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

rcurtisjr2
Camera Crew
I am about to throw this whole setup in the TRASH!!!
I have the pathway x2 and 2 wallys. In order to get everything working I have to set the first wally to the main on the antenna. Let it got through the setup. Then repeat the procedure with the second wally without killing the power to the first one.
So far so good.
This is where the problem comes in.
EVERY DAY I have to repeat this procedure because of the asinine policy of the wallys rebooting every night.
This is the most rediculous thing I have ever heard.
If this isn't fixed SOON dish just lost ANOTHER customer. I've had it with this horrible setup!

DISH Employee

Hi there, rcurtisjr2! The reason we have the Wally's update each night is to ensure that you have the latest software and updated information. I'd be happy to take a look at your account and see if there is anything we can do to streamline the process for you! Feel free to send me a private message with your phone number and 4 digit security code. 

You can find the How-To on sending private messages here: 

https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

rcurtisjr2
Camera Crew
Megan, an update is one thing, shutting down and requiring a check switch status is something entirely different.
Maybe 10 years ago dish could get away with saying that checking for an update required a reboot. But in 2019 when everyone has a computer and a smart phone, everyone knows that is not the case.
It's a rediculous POLICY and needs to change.
I have read in many forums where people are really upset about this.
I spent a lot of money so I could watch dish while camping. Most nights we just get exhausted trying to get it working and just shut it off.
Since we cant watch tv when we want, what's the point in even having it?

DISH Employee

I'd be happy to pass along your feedback to our engineering teams, the nightly updates are working as designed on the Wally receivers. We are always looking for ways to improve our services and our customer's experience, so we are always looking for feedback! 

rcurtisjr2
Camera Crew
To be perfectly honest, if this is how it's designed to work, then you need a new engineering team.
There is no reason at all with properly designed software that the wally should need to perform a check switch every day.
We used to have directv, we could just take one of our receivers from our house and it just worked.
If this can't be resolved soon, we will just go back to that setup.
We camp at least once a month and take a week long trip every Thanksgiving.
I won't be dealing with this over my Thanksgiving trip.
How's that for feedback?

rcurtisjr2
Camera Crew
Because of the faulty software requiring us to go through the setup process every day. This morning I decided that I would just get it over with first thing.
I am now 45 minutes in to setting up just the first wally and it's still not done. And I still have to do the same process with the second wally.
Thanks dish for ruining every single camping trip with your crappy software!!!
Maybe try to TEST your software a little before pushing it out.
DirecTV here we come.
Goodbye Dish!

DISH Employee

We would hate to see you leave the Dish family, rcurtisjr2.  It saddens me to hear you are having so much trouble setting up your Wally's each day. 45 mins per receiver is way longer than usual and we would love to investigate this with you to get it running at peak performance. To access your account information, please send me a private message with your phone number and 4 digit security code.

Here are the steps on how to send a private message: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

rcurtisjr2
Camera Crew
SamF,
It actually ended up taking an hour and a half just for the main wally. And since the U802 update that's actually normal.
The problem is the nightly resets.
I wouldn't mind too much if I had to go through that once when we first setup camp. But every day is beyond acceptable.
Especially since we are in south Florida and connect to the eastern arc. We cant get any updates on the eastern arc anyway so there's no point in the wally rebooting.
All it does is ruin our trip.
It's just not worth it.
Unless dish has a new software update available in the next couple of weeks, we will be leaving dish.

DISH Employee

I would love to take a look at your system with you to see why it is taking longer than normal. If you change your mind, please don't hesitate to reach out to us in a private message.