cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Wally and Pathway X2 - FAIL

rcurtisjr2
Camera Crew
I just sent you a private message.
Although we're camping right now so I won't be spending anymore time on this today.

DISH Employee

We look forward to receiving your message so we can handle this as soon as you are ready! 

rcurtisjr2
Camera Crew
What is the most recent software version for the wally?

DISH Employee

The most recent Joey software version is U7.53.

rcurtisjr2
Camera Crew
I'm not really concerned about the joey.
I asked about the wally.

DISH Employee

Opps, that's my bad rcurtisjr2. I read that wrong. The Wally's current software version is U8.02.

bhawk
Extra

I have had two wally's and a winegard X2 for a while now. The living room receiver works fine most of the time but the second bedroom receiver just continually searches for satellite signals. I have performed many reset's and check switches. It seems to take me atleast 45 mins per try to set up the service. From what I can see in the forum it doesnt seem like I am alone in this issue. Having to go through this every weekend that I camp is getting tiresome. I am heading out there today and I will look into the voltage issue. Any help I can get would be greatly appreciated.

I too am having this exact same problem. It took forever to activate the most recent Wally purchased and worked good for a few weeks. Now I spend hours, scanning and waiting while it's "acquiring signal", only to have the "Complete Signal Loss" screen show with no signal code listed. Usually, not always, I can play with it, constantly rebooting, unplugging, restarting, for an hour or two and get it to work. I actually found this thread searching for a fix (I'm experiencing it right now).
Highlighted

freeinwy
Extra

I think mine was getting to warm due to the location it was mounted 

Dfrith
Extra

I bought a Wally Pathway X2 combination about this time 2 years ago. It has never worked properly for more than a few days at a time. I have periodically called Dish tech support, but the issue has never been satisfactorily resolved. Calls generally end with the technician giving up. Today, I came across this forum and discovered the voltage issue. No technician has ever mentioned it to me. I have spent hours and hours checking and rechecking cable runs. Today when I tested the voltage at the X2, it was 12.8.