Wally and Pathway X2 - FAIL

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Wally and Pathway X2 - FAIL

rcurtisjr2
Camera Crew
It changes from 535, then goes to 015a, then to 002 then back to 535.
When it's on 002 it says that it's trying to connect to satellite 72. But the main wally is on 61.5.
Like I said before, I cant change it to the same channel as the main Wally because that channel doesnt ship up in the second Wally's guide.

DISH Employee

If you make the second Wally the first one connected to the Dish, does it still have the same issue?

Highlighted

rcurtisjr2
Camera Crew
Then the original second one works. But I haven't tried making the original main one the new second one.

DISH Employee

Lets go ahead and try that to see what happens. 

rcurtisjr2
Camera Crew
We're camping right now and will be packing up to go home this afternoon. So, I cant get into that today.
But even if that worked, it's not a permanent solution.
We "upgraded" the software to 802 on Friday and that's when this problem really started.
The second Wally never has really worked great but it's worse now with the new software.

rcurtisjr2
Camera Crew
And the word try doesnt exactly give me a lot of confidence in this entire setup.
None of this should be this complicated.
I feel like you need a computer science degree just to watch some TV while camping. I'm starting to feel that it's just not worth all the hastle.

DISH Employee

We absolutely want to get this resolved as soon as possible for you. By switching the Wally's, this will provide us with invaluable information to submit to our Engineering Team. I would love to notate your account with this information so we can make sure that your name is added to the list of people affected by this. 

To access your account, please send me a private message. Here is a link to show you the steps to send a private message: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

GoCougs
Character Actor

Concerned now about runnign the update on our Wally. Can we just ignore the update?

rcurtisjr2
Camera Crew
SamF, I sent you a private message.
Is there anything else you need?

kchfamly
Extra

Has anyone fixed this Wally X2 issue. I have replaced the X2 and one reciever, both have 19v. It downloaded an update last week and has not worked since. Everytime I set it up it takes atleast 5 reboots and over an hour if it does at all, been at it over an hour now with no luck at a new location. On the second reciever also a wally, if it works at all it runs for 20 minutes then say it lost signal. Ran the cable direct, switched boxs, nothing? Need to get this going or its going back.