cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Wally and Pathway X2 - FAIL

DanielWalker
Extra
I just bought the two Wally bundle and a winegard X2. The living room receiver works fine but the second bedroom receiver just continually searches for satellite signals. I have called tech several times and reset it uncountable times with no progress. Very aggravating. RB17364E04858M

DISH Employee

Hello DanielWalker. I hate to hear you're having a technical issue with you second Wally. I know having any kind of issue is pretty frustrating, and I would be happy to see if we can find what's causing it. Are you have this issue when you first turn on the TV? Do you see it occur when you're changing the channels on the first receiver? 

rcurtisjr2
Camera Crew
I'm having the same problem.
The second Wally just searches for signal. The main Wally is working and has satellite 61.5 but the second Wally is constantly looking for satellite 72.
I tried changing the second Wally to the same channel as the main Wally but that channel doesn't even show up on the second Wally's guide.

DISH Employee

Hey there, rcurtisjr2! Are you noticing this when you first turn on the Wally's each each day or does it happen randomly throughout the day?

rcurtisjr2
Camera Crew
It's not random. I've only successfully gotten the second Wally to work once.
This is how I set things up.
I connect both wallys to the x2. Turn on the main Wally. Wait for it to finish and show live tv.
Then i turn on the second Wally and wait for it to compete. However, the second Wally isnt connecting to the same satellite. It just keeps saying " acquiring signal".

DISH Employee

Once the first Wally has signal, have you tried resetting the second wally to pick up the signal while the first is already connected?

rcurtisjr2
Camera Crew
Yes.
More times than I can count.

DISH Employee

Have you tried running a Check Switch on the second Wally?

To run a Check Switch:

1.) With the Dish remote, press [SAT] > [HOME] > [HOME] > [HOME] 
2.) Once on the Dish Mobile Antenna Setup, select the state you are in and then select Scan

rcurtisjr2
Camera Crew
Yes.
Many, many times.
I spent 2 hours last night trying to get the second Wally to work.

DISH Employee

When you run the Check Switch, what error message popes up? There should be a 3 or 4 digit code int he upper right hand corner of the error message.