Wally and Pathway X2 - FAIL

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Wally and Pathway X2 - FAIL

dennism1958
Extra

I too have a Winegard Roadtrip Mission satellite with two DISH Wally receivers in my Holiday Rambler motorcoach.  Receiver #1 is on the primary Living Room TV (and works reasonably reliably).  Receiver #2 is on the Bedroom TV (and only works about half the time).  Both receivers use the 52.0 remotes.

I want to re-install the existing #2 receiver as i believe I may have installed it incorrectly.  How do I reset that receive to it's original 'out of the box' settings? 

Everything I read online in the instructions talks about hitting the menu button on the remote.  I find no 'menu button' on the 52.0 remote.

Also, diagnostics don't appear to show the #2 receiver; they only show the #1 receiver.

From my read of the the messages in this post; I do wonder if my second receiver is also having the 'voltage issue' mentions.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!

archrist
Extra

The Menu button on remote looks like a house.  They also refer to as "home" button.  If you press once you see lots off applications, content, etc.   If you press twice..  you can easily see the setting button... also diagnostics..  etc.

MMRichardson
Extra
I’m having the same problem! I’ve called in twice. No, help. Dish rep said we could drive 60 miles to exchange it. Lol. Who has time to do that? For the money you pay for these things, they should be more than happy to ship it to you. :/

It worked perfectly a few times and now it’s not acquiring Signal. We marked a spot on our property we know it would pick up all satellites when we camp. We use 25’ of coax cable, still nothing.

Help, no Predators Hockey or Blacklist in Florida. Smiley Sad

GoCougs
Character Actor

Hi MMRichardson, we finally gave up trying to use the outdoor TV. We now have two dishes, the tailgater and the Pathway X2, neither will work on the outside TV. We have to send the brand new tailgater in for a new comuter board, we think ours is fried. Once that one comes back, we will try and re-set up both internal and external TVs. If the outside one still doesn't work, we'll be calling in a tech to see if the can help. 

GoCougs
Character Actor

Hi MMRichardson, I should give you more info on where our Dish was mounted. Our problems started when we tried to hook up an HDMI cable to the outside TV.  For some reason, the guys who installed our DISH receiver never hooked it up. Once we did that, the outdoor TV would give us an error that said "local channels interrupted." If you only had one TV hooked to the satellite dish at a time, the HD worked. We've had multiple conversations with DISH customer service, make sure you talk to the Outdoor DISH customer service, they are specially trained in the outdoor equipment. One person told us that you can only have one TV at a time running HD, the other has to be on SD channels. This makes zero sense. We thought because of the age of the motorhome (2008) that the cables may not have been able to handle to signal so we bought all new cables and a new HDMI cable. The only thing working right now is the Pathway X2 connected to the inside TV with the Wally. If the repair of the Tailgater doesn't work we will most likely be forced to upgrade to the Traveler dish, the one that is the same as your home dish. 

bovas01
Extra

MY WALLY OUTPUTS 13.1 VOLTS does not work in our RV without directly running a line to the wally from the pathway, which does not work for us since we already have everything connected the way it should the RV is brand new. I have worked with dish on this, since we bought this through the RV place (whom dont take open equitment back) noone seems to be wanting to work with us about this. The voltage is not enough without a direct connection. Please stop selling something that don't work for RVs and make this right for some of us that had no idea until extentive research was done to find this. Bad thing is Dish still doesnt seem to believe its the voltage. 

Highlighted

Doughboy57
Camera Crew

Somehow, somewhere, Dish makes a Walley that outputs 19 volts. I know I have one, I traded my original one for one that works with the X2. The original one had a 13.1 voltage output and my Wingegard X2 wouldn’t work reliably. Now, over a year later and about 75 set ups - it works like a charm!

Then a new RV - crappy performance, repair shop dropped a piece of RJ6 to a new connector on my slide - bingo, I’m back in business!

Good luck and do yourself a favor, use RJ6 NOT RJ59 cable. . . 

GoCougs
Character Actor

Doughboy57, thank you. I do remember reading somethign about a Wally with a higher voltage output. I will contact DISH and see if they can replace what we have. We also may have to do what you did with a new cable inside the slide. Question for you, are you able to run both TVs in HD, inside and outside? At the same time? 

freeinwy
Extra
Has anyone tried installing an inline power inserter, I’m doing that right now and will update with all my specs and results if I get this stuff working

Doughboy57
Camera Crew

Good luck with the phantom power. My take was that the voltage is variable so it’s a good test,but . . .