Wally Software Update

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Wally Software Update

JourneyBob
Character Actor

An update to my experience with the software update. Now after the update to U802, I got to a site where trees blocked my satellite reception. I turned on my Wally’s and it immediately started a check switch test, but since I had no viable reception it came back with an error message when complete. The problem is it will not now let me watch what I had recorded on my DVR on the attached hard drive. It says it doesn’t recognize it. This should be fixed by Dish so that when powering up it doesn’t require a check switch test each time. I also noticed that when I was in a good reception location, my Wally would sometimes freeze the picture and then come back with the message it needed to do a system refresh. This is very frustrating as it should not need to do this during normal viewing hours. Dish please add these items to fixes your engineers need to incorporate in the next update. 

Anyone else having these issues with the U802 update?

DISH Employee

JourneyBob, I will be delighted to forward this feedback to our Engineering Team. Additionally, do you see the external hard drive message at any time besides when there is complete signal loss due to obstructions? 

Let me add my frustration to this growing list.  Bought new motor home in January and all worked great until April.  Now most channels will bounce back and forth between sd and hd or go to complete loss. We are full time rivers.  I have the T4 I believe and it has crossed my mind to just cancel my service, buy a ditect tv receiver and make the switch. The T4 will work on either service. Other than this problem I have been relatively happy.  But one would think that it would get fixed in two months or Dish would provide the service for free until fixed since you can’t really watch anything any way.

Veto
Camera Crew

We are also full timers with a T4.  Our RV came with a Directv box but it can't do HD and has very limited channels with the T4.  Dish works better with the T4.  Well, it did until April.  

ve not experienced this before or since. I am now at a new location and wasRe: Wally Software Update

JourneyBob
Character Actor

To ChristinaW Dish Employee, I have not experienced this before and am now at a location with good satellite reception. I am now able to again access my recordings on the hard drive. Again my frustration is that each time my Walley's lose power due to unplugging or total loss of signal it requires a check switch process. Then this time since I could not get any reception it would not let me access my DVR. So that needs to be fixed. In my new location, I have not experienced the freezing again so hopefully, that was an isolated incident.

Re: ve not experienced this before or since. I am now at a new location and wasRe: Wally Software...

DISH Employee

Thank you for your feedback, JourneyBob! We will pass this on to our Engineering team to let them know what's going on with your Wally and External Hard Drive.

Re: ve not experienced this before or since. I am now at a new location and wasRe: Wally Software...

Somehow after my post yesterday both of my Wally receivers updated to the 802 version.  We have been watching channels that were experiencing the problems and it seems to be fixed.  Haven’t had a flop between hd and sd in about 6 hours.  Seems my problems are fixed.  Did get on a channel on the 119 satellite per a community post for the 802 update and then left Wally on.  When I checked this morning it was updated and seems to be fixed.

hope everyone else is also having some luck.

No-T
Character Actor

Further update.  Even with U802 software installed, all is not normal compared to home installation ( fixed dish vs Roadtrip T4)

continue to get Error 04 page pop up when changing channels, but then switches and plays the selected channel.  

Once there, picture periodically goes “black” or sound cuts out for a second or two.  Also now have had Error 04 screen come on when changing channel and channel change not happening without scrolling up or down to get change made.  

802 appears to be a “patch” to the underlying problem and not the ultimate solution.  More hanky panky smoke and mirrors to the problem.  

It is continuing terrible that Dish can’t get in front of this, be honest with customers, provide the needed information to their “tech support” staff and not continue to send out the blather of incorrect information about the problem at hand.  

Just recently saw saw a commercial bragging that Dish was number 1 in customer satisfaction.  

I cant imagine how bad all the others must be???

No-T
Character Actor

@No-T wrote:

After going 0 for 3 on the phone with Dish “tech support” and many multiple attempts on my own to get the 802 software to download (with no success) I also went to a Dish provider and had my Wally box hooked up to a fixed antenna vs my Wingard road trip T4.

Follwed the directions given for software download ( Channel, wait for guide down load etc) and low and behold the software downloaded and all the screen switching, error messages etc ceased.  

It seems the satellite switching problem for TV signal corrupts the download process as well.  Turning off the antenna didn’t work either.  

Some have written they were told to go to camping world to accomplish this.  A local dish installer or neighbor with fixed antenna can likely help.  

One caveat, I still get the 004 error screen on most channel changes, when new channel number is selected, 004 screen comes up momentarily then channel changes, and all is well.

called back to Dish Tech support one last time to report all this and to reiterate that guidance given does not work and won’t solve the problems incurred by many.  Initial response was that I wasn’t doing it correctly, that “some customers” were downloading successfully.  I persisted and think I got tech to understand “some” were not all, and guidance was not effective for the rest of us.  

Tech agreed to forward to “engineering” for address.  

Hope this helps someone.  What a disaster by Dish in handling a problem.  A case study in poor corporate response to a significant customer problem.  

Further update.  Even with U802 software installed, all is not normal compared to home installation ( fixed dish vs Roadtrip T4)

continue to get Error 04 page pop up when changing channels, but then switches and plays the selected channel.  

Once there, picture periodically goes “black” or sound cuts out for a second or two.  Also now have had Error 04 screen come on when changing channel and channel change not happening without scrolling up or down to get change made.  

802 appears to be a “patch” to the underlying problem and not the ultimate solution.  More hanky panky smoke and mirrors to the problem.  

It is continuing terrible that Dish can’t get in front of this, be honest with customers, provide the needed information to their “tech support” staff and not continue to send out the blather of incorrect information about the problem at hand.  

Just recently saw saw a commercial bragging that Dish was number 1 in customer satisfaction.  

I cant imagine how bad all the others must be???

Jackson11
Extra

How can I get Wally to update to u802? I have hooked it up to my home satellite and it works fine, but put back in RV it does nothing. It will not upgrade and says u801 is the most recent software. I switched to dish specifically to have in my rv and so far all I do while camping is mess with this issue. Check switch gets stuck at 33% and does nothing. My Wally in the living room of RV plays but cuts out every 5 mins so very annoying to watch. I have spent hours on this like everyone else and have gotten nothing but frustrated.