Wally Software Update

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Wally Software Update

DISH Employee

Hello Brad_Felmey. I completely understand this issue has definitely been a frustrating one! I know where you're coming from, and we definitely don't want our members to purchase a new Wally due to this issue. I would like to see how I can help with this situation. Can you send us a Private Message with your phone number and 4-digit PIN please? 

herdsman173
Character Actor
Seriously?

Veto
Camera Crew

I hate to say this but at this point I feel like my best option is to drive to Camping World and buy a new Wally and hope it's got an older version that I can update to U802.  I'm so tired of seeing the error messages on screen, not being able to record anything etc that it's worth the $100 bucks or whatever it will cost just to resolve this once and for all.  It's clear Dish is not going to make this right, I don't feel like Dish management even knows it's going on.  I can't bear to pick up the phone and call Dish Outdoors at this point which is where I left off with support yesterday after being told to find an RV dealer to take my Wally to, also an unacceptable resolution to this problem.

grams2bjc
Camera Crew

We have a King Dome In-Motion and we are having the exact same issues as everyone else with our Wally’s.   It is  WALLY/DISH NETWORK problem! And their “Don’t CARE attitude “!

DISH Employee

Hi there, grams2bjc! We are right there with you, wanting to get these Wally's updated to a better working software. We know that this has been a frustrating time, and we really appreciate you hanging in there with us while we work to correct this. 

At this time, to get everything up and running verify signal strength on 119/19 or 61.5/114, place receiver in standby or change daily reset time to initiate software download to the nearest hour. Hopefully this helps! 

We are also happy to help troubleshoot here if you would like to send us a Private Message with your phone number and 4-digit security code. You can view step-by-step instructions on how to send a PM here: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

herdsman173
Character Actor
That solution will not work with a dome.
RECEIVER NEEDS TO BE HOOKED UP TO A DIFFERENT DISH TO GET DOWNLOAD TO WORK.. THIS IS THE SAME THING WE WERE TOLD OVER AND OVER AGAIN..
Hooked up to a regular dish and it worked fine.. hope you all get them up and running soon.. what a mess..

LarryRHobbs
Extra
Since the April software update, I also have this issue on my dome connected Wally in our motorhome. We are fulltime in our motorhome. I have worked with customer support and they had me attempt the software download and, like everyone else, the download fails to complete and the software version is not updated. I am currently watching AMC on YouTube TV because I can't watch it on my Dish network Wally that is costing me over $100 a month. This has been a problem for going on 2 months and has rendered some stations nearly useless and I seem to see no progress. As much as I have enjoyed Dish, I am at the point where I am considering options. What is the status of getting this issue resolved? Thanks for your help.

DISH Employee

Thank you for reaching out to us, LarryRHobbs! Our engineering team is working very hard to get this issue resolved as soon as possible! Once it's resolved, the functionality of the Wally on your portable satellite will go back to working correctly. Thank you so much for your continued patience.

Pax
Character Actor

Hello JakeB (Dish Employee).....how many are on your Engineering Team?  And are they working on this problem full time for the last two months, or just in their spare time?

DISH Employee

We definitely understand the frustration, Pax. Our competent Engineering team handles many issues on a daily basis, and they perform extensive testing and work hard to ensure any software updates won't impact other areas of your TV viewing.