Wally Software Update

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Wally Software Update

DISH Employee

This issue is still under investigation, and unfortunately sending a new Wally wouldn't resolve the issue as it would still need to update. 

Veto
Camera Crew

Only if the box you ship me has U801.  Everything worked fine until that update.  If you ship me a box with an older version it shouldn't it update straight to U802?

DISH Employee

From my research, updating a new box will go through all the software versions until it gets to U802. I've also seen that you should be able to get the update by leaving the Wally powered off and plugged in to the power and the portable dish, it looks like this is the information we have now on how to update.

Veto
Camera Crew

It doesn't work with Winegard T4 as the update is interrupted by the U801 software problem.  You might read this forum, it tells all about it.

Milstt001
Extra
I have been following this discussion for several days as we have the same issue since we have a Winegard Carryout G2+. As others have experienced, every time I call Dish, I got a different response but nothing would work. I called again today and after the rep looked over my account and I confirmed that I could not do the download with my current Wally, she said they can send a replacement and she stated that it will have the latest software version on it since it is coming from their warehouse. I won’t get it until Monday but I will anxious to see if the new one will really have the latest version and that we will no longer have issues watching Dish. So if you are still having issues, I suggest calling and asking them to send you a new Wally as it seems that is something new they are doing.

Veto
Camera Crew

PhoenixM or other Dish employee can you confirm that sending replacement Wally's loaded with U802 to us is authorized?  If so I would like one shipped right away, thank you!

DISH Employee

Hello Veto, all receivers that customers receive will come with a default software. Once the receiver is installed and ready to function it will then update to the most current software version available. I can help you purchase one through here, feel free to send me a private message with your account number and security code please.

Pax
Character Actor
“I can help you purchase one through here, feel free to send me a private message with your account number and security code please.“

You can help “purchase” one? How much is it? “Purchase” usually means for a fee. If it is free, please let me know how long it would take to receive it so that I can time the delivery to where we will be in the country. Currently on a coast to coast trip.

DISH Employee

Hi there, Pax! We would be happy to take a look into options with you. If you want to purchase one, we can look into the best solution. If you are needing to purchase one, because of the Wally software, I would recommend continuing troubleshooting as we are wanting to get those updated without a need to purchase a new receiver, unnecessarily. 

KandM-18
Costume Designer
Well, just received my $92.00 Dish bill but for the life of me can’t figure out WHY it’s so much when the whole month of MAY I couldn’t Get the new update to go through and spent more time troubleshooting than watching TV!!!!! I’ve ALSO seen, in this stream, where someone received a $0.00 bill due to the update fiasco.
Can someone let me know if this really happened???