cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Wally Software Update

KandM-18
Costume Designer
My experience would say NO
But, I’m leaving it alone for now. Waiting for the new, improved update🙄 AND a reimbursement from Dish for all the inconvenience and lost time trying to fix something that wasn’t our problem to begin with.

lizgup
Costume Designer

I've got a T4 and once the Wally got the updated software it worked fine on the T4.

Littlebaler
Camera Crew

Yes, it will work on the T4 but only the primary tv . The second tv has to be rebooted every time you change channel . Takes sometimes 30-45 minutes. Mine does not work “ in motion “ which I don’t need anyhow. 

lizgup
Costume Designer

Littlebaler - true. The secondary can only access programs on the same satellite as the primary. But it shouldn't have to reboot each time you change channels if they are on the same satellite.

grams2bjc
Camera Crew

June 6, 2019

Got off the phone about an hour ago......issues not resolved.  Husband is talking Direct TV!  Dish needs to resolve this NOW, or they will be losing customers.

grams2bjc
Camera Crew

June 6, 2019 ... when will that be? 😣😖

JourneyBob
Character Actor

I did finally get both of my boxes up and running. Had to run a check switch on the main box for it to register and then had to switch the satellite connection so the secondary box was on the main cable and run a check switch on that one also. Then switched them back. Was able to get great pictures on both boxes. Haven't been on the road yet to do a full test of in-motion viewing and see if any continuing problems occur, but was able to have both boxes on for at least 45 minutes with no issues. Will be traveling next week, so that will be the real test.

Veto
Camera Crew

Has anyone found a way to update Wally with Winegard T4?  We still haven't gotten it to work.  We were at a Camping World today but they didn't have a satellite we could plug into unfortunately.

Dlkist
Extra

I called a local Dish installer.  They loaned me an outdoor tripod mounted Dish antenna.  The antenna was connected directly to the Wally in the RV.  The Wally was placed on channel 106 and the reset button was push briefly on the front of the Wally.  The Wally first downloaded channel guide info and then went to system page 61 and started to download U802.  It took about 30 minutes.

The Wally was reconnected to Winegard T4 and the "Switch Test" was run.  The Wally and T4 are not operating properly.  I had zero success on trying to download U802 on Winegard T4.

Dlkist
Extra

Typo in second paragraph.  It is NOW operating properly.  Sorry!