cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Wally Software Update

KandM-18
Costume Designer
Hi Megan,
Currently watching On Demand, since our program couldn’t record, and when that’s done I will attempt your suggestion.

Veto
Camera Crew

I did a manual update a couple hrs ago and it seemed like it was updating, had a progress bar and everything but when it finished it still is U801 but dated 5/2/19.

KandM-18
Costume Designer
Are you able to see a full guide and advance more than one day, receive local channels and use your DVR?

Veto
Camera Crew

Yes everything is working as it has been since U801 came out.  I still have the reception errors; complete signal loss, programming not authorized etc etc.

lizgup
Costume Designer

KandM - I have full guide - able to see days in advance, have local channels and can use DVR. I just can't watch a program without it constantly being interrupted with signal loss and error mesage telling me to channel up or down. Which doesn't always get the channel back. Sometimes it's easier to just go to the Diagnostics page and change the transponder # for a better signal.

KandM-18
Costume Designer
Wow! So, what software version is showing on yours? Also, what equipment do you have? I use PathwayX2 and Wally and apparently I’ve been using it wrong for the past year🙄 have to connect the receiver directly to the antenna. It can’t run through the wiring installed in my 5th wheel.

JKJASINSKI
Costume Designer
Okay, waiting for you to reach out. Allowed me to try and update. Put it in standby mode , waited 1/2 hour and still no update. Called DOSH, talked to Crystal. She said I did the update too early. WHY DOES THE E-MAIL SAY IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED. She said they were only told at 8am this morning. Well the woman I was speaking to last night knew about it. Anyways, she says the e-mail didn't explain it well. The 802 update is going out in waves so if I just put it in standby it will update. Same story unplug, plug in , put in standby mode and wait 1/2 an hour. (I think this the response you get so they can end their shift without solving the problem). So I wait an hour. Take it out of standby mode still no update. Call again. Prompt says, you just called would you like to speak to the same technician. I said yes, prompt, they are not available, we are transferring you to the next........ Get Esmerelda on the line. She says the update hadn't reached my area yet and she can see it will happen tonight or tomorrow morning. I asked why didn't Crystal know this? No answer. I said just to be clear, what area am I in? She says "wait let me see......" I seriously doubt she knew were I was and it was just another excuse. Beyond frustrated now. May call again tonight just see what I get for answer this time. And as far as reaching out, 6:36 and I haven't heard from anyone at DISH.

JKJASINSKI
Costume Designer
I am using Carryout G2 and 2 Wally receivers. Still not able to get 802 update. Two more phone calls to DISH today. This is so frustrating.

DISH Employee

Hi there, JKJASINSKI. Known Issues like this can be frustrating and we definitely want to work to get it resolved since we do have this new update.

You should be able to keep the Wally in standby for 30 minutes and if you have both Wallys connected, we would recommend that both Wallys be in standby for the 30 minutes while trying for the update on the receivers.

We are still working on getting everyone taken care of as quickly as we can. I hope this helps and keep us updated, so we know how you are doing and how we can help!

KandM-18
Costume Designer
Okay, receiver placed in standby, screen showed downloading guide (at 6:32PM) and watched as it completed at 100%. This took almost twenty minutes. The screen now says press any button to watch tv. But, the instructions indicated NOT to press any buttons on the remote until the update is finished. It is now just at the 30 min mark so I am going to press a button. (Fingers crossed)