cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Wally Software Update

KandM-18
Costume Designer
Hi ChristinaW, I logged in with the app, finally, and made the attempt to enter the Secure ID but got a message that the service is unavailable at this time.
So, if you can help....
I’ll send a pm

grams2bjc
Camera Crew
I feel your pain.
I had to take both Wallys into our house, disconnect the hopper, connect one of the Wallys to our stationary satellite. Then went into settings, to tools, to upgrade. You have to leave it totally alone for at least 1 1/2 hours. You will see the screen saver that says “press any button” or something similar...DO NOT DO IT! It may give you this message 3 or 4 times as it goes through upgrade cycles.
I upgraded the second Wally by hooking up to house satellite, going into settings, down to Dish, put it on Satellite 119, then back (a couple of times) into guide choose channel 140, press select....turn off screen set Wally on Stand-by (green light off).
This takes about 2 hours. GOOD LUCK!

vlamgat
Extra

I see the last post on this issue was in July - does that mean its gone away or migrated to something else?  Or no one cares any more and has dropped the service which is what they ought to do IMO.  the aggravation evident in the postings indicates that there is something very wrong with our community...but:

Personally I think this is a whole lot of noise about nothing.  Satellite TV is not an essential part of life and if it dont't work, just toss it out is my motto.  Of course it means cancelling subscriptions and remembering the lessons learned buth the suppliers don't care because they run these businesses by probablility:  namely if (say) 95% of the service is working (however that can be defined to the best advantage of the service provider) then that is acceptable to them.  The 5% of people, service hours, STBs or channel availability that does not work, is just the detrius of technology.  No one can hold them accountable for this 5% and the financial value of it is too low for any kind of legal process to make sense unless its underwritten by the community.  Something that is never going to happen in this sector.

Not ranting, just observing; and also a victim of a hopeless install (never worked) despite all the steps tried here and complete indifference from Customer UnService.  But I get it...economic technology shot gun result; some work, some dont and as long as ienough work to keep the stockholders happy, then all is good!

lizgup
Costume Designer

Dish corrected the issue and worked hard to get everybody back on with revised updates. Additionally I received a large credit for my troubles. So I agree/disagree with your post to some extent. Yes large companies do roll the dice and percentages of lost customers are expected. But they worked hard to resolve the issue and retain their customers. I'm happy with their service and and the efforts they made to make things right. I believe most people that posted to this discussion have had their issues resolved.

Pax
Character Actor

Dish corrected the issue and worked hard to get everybody back on with revised updates.”

Incorrect, lizgup.  Where did you get this from?  I’ve expressed multiple times that the issue hasn’t been resolved and Dish did not work hard for me, or contact me directly about it.  Sorry, but your statement is a crock.  Do you work for Dish?

“But they worked hard to resolve the issue and retain their customers”

They did not resolve the issue for me and quite possibly others....but I can’t say they didn’t resolve it for all others just as you cannot say they resolved it (implying for everyone).  Do you work for Dish?

“I believe most people that posted to this discussion have had their issues resolved”

Why do you believe that?  What is the basis for that comment?  Do you work for Dish?

“Additionally I received a large credit  for my troubles”

How much did you receive?  I have not heard anyone else receiving any type of credit.

How did they resolve your issue?  Who did you contact in order to not only get a personal resolution, but also a credit?  How about a name, position within the company and phone number so that others who STILL have this issue can get it resolved?

lizgup
Costume Designer

Perhaps I overstated when I said "everybody", but I stand by the comment that they worked hard to get the issues resolved. I'm not a Dish employee and if you read the entire thread you would see that I was the one that started this discussion. Many of the people who posted to this discussion eventually had their issues resolved or they would still be here trying to get help. Was everyone happy with the resolutions to their individual problems? No.

I was as frustrated as anyone else about the software update ruining our service. And when I finally was able to get the updated software to download and the system working again, I contacted the CEO of Dish on facebook about the loss of service and frustration for a month. The next day I received a phone call from a Dish employee who spoke with me for about 15 minutes and my concerns. At the end of the call I was given a $150 credit. I was a satisfied customer. 

So maybe you should try to get in touch with the CEO on FB and you'll get a call too.

Pax
Character Actor

Thanks for the reply.  In my opinion if W. Erik Carlson, CEO of Dish Network (which has a net worth of about $15.5B), responds to a Facebook request and authorizes someone a $150 credit then there is something very wrong.  All of his employees responsible for customer service that have interacted with me (and others) on the phone, in person and on this forum apparently do not have the capacity or responsibility to do the same.  That is sad, if true.  It certainly is not indicative of world class customer service, as the company claims. Also, no one I know still has a Facebook account....but I am sure if he’s available through Facebook he can be contacted other ways.

Dish has my name, number and address.  They have my numerous complaints, all on file and documented.  A company that cared about their customers would at some point, on their own and as a matter of policy, contact me directly and see if my issue (and others) has been resolved. That has not happened.  Have any of the Dish employees on this forum ever written to anyone asking them if this issue has been resolved for them? I haven’t seen anything posted publicly like that and I haven’t received anything privately.

I have expected someone in the company to reach out to me to see if the issue is resolved.  That is what customer service means. I refuse to lower my expectations regarding this because if I do then products and services in this country will continue to deteriorate.

Simply because those who once complained on this forum are no longer complaining does not mean their issue has been resolved by Dish Network.  Amazing that some jump to that conclusion.  There are numerous other possibilities like they dumped Dish Network, they purchased a new receiver with their own money, they eventually found a dish they could hook their receiver to for a successful update, they just put up with the constant channel problem.

I do not think that Dish Network handled this problem well at all, and continues not to handle it well, IF at all.  I suspect it is bound to happen again, and now they have learned that they do not need to be proactive or customer-service oriented.  But, I’ll be sure to keep note that I can contact the CEO of a 15.5 billion dollar company in case I need to chat with him.

lizgup
Costume Designer

I don't disagree with what your saying. However, it is highly unlikely Erik himself is monitoring FB, but rather has instructed employees to respond to dissatified customers and given them the authority to make things right. Why don't you try it?  Maybe you'll be able to get your issues resolved.