Wally Software Update

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Wally Software Update

DISH Employee

I am sorry to hear you are having issues getting the 8.02 update to download on your Wally's. The most common reason the download does not occur is either it was interrupted by some form of activity on the receiver, or the signal strength is low and not strong enough to fully support the update.

In general you want to check your signal strength on the 119 satellite, and confirm it is over 30, preferably over 40.  Once that is confirmed place your Wally on channel 140, and simply put it into stand by mode and leave it untouched for an hour.  If the signal is sufficient, and it is on software older than 8.02, it should update within that hour as long as it is not disturbed.

tnbillyboy
Extra

Did you mean channel 104?  (Not 140?)

DISH Employee

It can be on any channel as long as that channel is coming from your 119 Satellite. 

guyzer
Extra

What portable dish are you using? This is exacly what I am dealing with. Mine is a Winegard g2

@Jackson11 wrote:

How can I get Wally to update to u802? I have hooked it up to my home satellite and it works fine, but put back in RV it does nothing. It will not upgrade and says u801 is the most recent software. I switched to dish specifically to have in my rv and so far all I do while camping is mess with this issue. Check switch gets stuck at 33% and does nothing. My Wally in the living room of RV plays but cuts out every 5 mins so very annoying to watch. I have spent hours on this like everyone else and have gotten nothing but frustrated. 

Veto
Camera Crew

We finally got ours updated after 2 months.  We have a Winegard RoadTrip T4.  The trick was to plug the Wally into the secondary port of the T4 so that it didn't try to change the satellite during the download and installation process.  Once you plug it into the secondary port if you have one, then you just pick a channel that's on sat 119, ours worked on channel 105.  Put it on the screen saver by pressing the power button and then just wait.  Once it goes through its first update don't press anything and it does a secondary update as well.  It took about an hour or so of waiting after plugging it in and pressing power but then it finally came back and was at U802.  I had tried everything else besides the secondary satellite port except for plugging the Wally into a different satellite.  No more error messages and everything is back to normal.  (The DVR software is still buggy and frustrating.) 

Yup it’s crap for sure!
I’ve had my win guard road trip for 2-years and paying for a service I can’t use because Dish network won’t or can’t fix their problem software with Walley.
Dear Dish, When are you going to fix the Walley issue with Winguard RoadTrip?
I am paying for a service that I can’t use!
Fix the software update and let me know events fixed please!

eweber
Extra

The Wally is a DISASTER!!!  I've gone without TV since April 20th and continue to pay for service I can't receive.  Wally works on a channel for 5 minutes than craps out.  I'm starting to believe there should be a class action lawsuit file regarding the Wally Dish update 801 on 4/19 that destroyed these units and made it impossible for paying customers to watch TV.

There have apparently been fixes push out starting around May 30th (802).  I've been trying to get this update on my Wally since that day, no luck, multiple calls, multiple attempts.  It's no July 19th, and I'm still on 801 and unable to view tv.

Some priority needs to be given to wally users that have been affected, bill credits, fixes.  Otherwise, who is an attorney that wants to know more about this?

bcpopejoy
Extra

Very good points.  

So frustrating.  Why can't they just undo the upgrade?

KandM-18
Costume Designer
Okay, wait for it......
7/19/19 @ 1:40am, NEW U804 update
WoooooooHoooooooo.
Just got to a new location and tried using the MyDISH app to get my new location verified and I can’t get my username or password to be accepted. Called Dush tech support to see if they could enter the zip code manually and guess what? Okay, I’ll tell you; no answer after 25 min!!!!!!
However, I tried the app again and this time got a pop-up that says they’re having difficulty (hmm, another new update) and to check back later.
REALLY?????? How much later, a month or two?

DISH Employee

Hi, KandM-18! Today, we were experiencing technical difficulties with account management on Mydish.com, as well as with our tools through an agent. I would definitely try to log in again to make a change. If you are still seeing any trouble, feel free to send us a PM with your phone number and 4-digit pin to check if we can change your zip code to your new location. Thanks for your patience!